Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Imami wrote:Reminded me of tofu boy's ordeal. Even at 4, I didn't allow him to go under GA.

4 yo can self control oneself.

When ah boy needed stitches on the chin at 1+ yo, the doctor did the stitching under local anesthetic too. Cant remember exactly how many persons holding him down then.

I guess there is no choice in the case of nephew.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:55 pm

Came back from M&S Centrepoint. Mostly big sized pants/shorts left. Did not check out the tops.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:57 pm

*hugs*

I can understand your heartache.
I can further understand how your SIL must be feeling.

DD1 had to get 6 stitches done without GA on hub's insistence despite my pleading. :sad: I wanted her to be spared from a nasty first hospital experience. He eventually decided of course, since he was paying and of course, he said with GA will cost more plus possibility of being warded. We had to wait 3 hours before the stitching, which pissed him off. Yes, this was our first child we are talking about. He panicked from the moment it happen and even when blood was gushing out. I was already on the phone calling our family doc as they were nearer, asking for opinion if I should go to them or KK. I called for a cab whilst carrying and comforting DD1 and simultaneously wiping off her blood and getting ice packs for immediate relief and for us on the go as the trip to KK will take a while from where we put up.

6 adults had to pin DD1 down during the ordeal which will forever be etched on my mind for it was my biggest regret to have allowed for DD1 to go through such pain and ……… sigh…….. Her eyes were covered with cloth as bright lights shone on her. Can you imagine a young child, in total darkness, not knowing where she was and suddenly an alcohol swab was done on her wound that woke her up. Almost immediately her screams echoed through the entire place piercing my very heart. I kept telling her in as calm a voice I could muster that "Mommy's right here, darling… I'm holding your hand… just a little bit more… Hang in there sweetie…". All the while trying to hold my tears back so I could be strong for her. The doctor kept telling DD1 that if she moved the stitches will not be nice and that it would be more painful. Like as if she would freaking care or understand what that meant at the time!!! So, a couple of trainee docs were tasked to keep her strapped legs, body and upper arm with a very big and heavy velcro-belt. Even then, DD1 struggled for all her might. In darkness and in pain. It was sheer torture…

I can still remember each curved needle poking through her young skin, the continuous struggle she put up and of course the screams…… I couldn't bring myself to exchange any words with him for quite some time. He didn't want to be in the room with her. I was tasked to endure the pain of watching my baby in excruciating pain. I will never forget that.

For my daughter, she never forgot it either. She never forgot that I was there for her from start to the end. I cried together with her after the ordeal was over. I kept saying I was sorry I couldn't be of much help to her. She later kept assuring me it wasn't my fault. It was just that it hurt so bad she cannot control herself. She apologized if she kicked or slapped me in the process.

I tended to her dressing and care of the wound throughout and cut off the stitches for her when it came loose. It took me a long time to get over it The scars itself were proof of what she went through.

The next unfortunate incident was when chubs fell on his nose from the bed, with suspected fracture…… a different story of another ordeal. Sigh.

:hugs: to both you and your SIL. Hope she won't have too hard a time caring for her lil boy. Despite utmost care and precaution, accidents can still happen. No one wants it to happen. Just focus on the care.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Buds,

:grphug: to your dd1 as well.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:12 pm

Just check with SIL that nephew has woken up and wants to run around already.

This boy is very sturdy.

Somehow I feel that the dragon year nephew is very much like elder boy and this snake year nephew is like ah boy.

So looking forward to the goat year niece in April.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:33 pm

Yup, Jen. My lil' dragon_boi is also the fearless type.

My DD1 is snake, same as your ah boy.
My DD2 is the goatie.

Good to hear that he's fine and back to active duty. :lol:
Is he in hospital or already at home?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 2:46 pm

buds wrote:Yup, Jen. My lil' dragon_boi is also the fearless type.

My DD1 is snake, same as your ah boy.
My DD2 is the goatie.

Good to hear that he's fine and back to active duty. :lol:
Is he in hospital or already at home?

Should be home by now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Imami wrote:Reminded me of tofu boy's ordeal. Even at 4, I didn't allow him to go under GA.

When ah boy needed stitches on the chin at 1+ yo, the doctor did the stitching under local anesthetic too. Cant remember exactly how many persons holding him down then.

During ah boy's time, wasn't there something like a wrap to hold him down?

Tofu boy's time had that. Even at 40, I didn't think one could self control very well without any anesthesia. Let alone a 4yo.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:53 pm

buds wrote:... to endure the pain of watching my baby in excruciating pain. I will never forget that.

Oh that's really true. I wouldn't forget how tiny his face looked nor how he pursed his lips into a thin line.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:33 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

During ah boy's time, wasn't there something like a wrap to hold him down?

Tofu boy's time had that. Even at 40, I didn't think one could self control very well without any anesthesia. Let alone a 4yo.

Yes, the nurses used a big blanket(?).

I meant we can at least explain to a 4 yo the situation n hope to get some cooperation instead of struggling n screaming.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres