Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:56 pm

Starting 4.50 from Paddington.

:love: her plots.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:03 pm

Hmm... I was reading bits and pieces.
The sensation of knowing and feeling the needle going into our skin, then being pull out, ..., like sewing, is beyond words.
I had a little mole being removed near my eye. It was under LA but somehow, I think it was not that effective. As the sewing continues, I really couldn't tahan and told the doc to stop to wrap up everything. Mine you, this was just a few years ago, and I still shivered whenever I think of that ordeal, needless to talk about a child.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:35 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Hmm... I was reading bits and pieces.
The sensation of knowing and feeling the needle going into our skin, then being pull out, ..., like sewing, is beyond words.
I had a little mole being removed near my eye. It was under LA but somehow, I think it was not that effective. As the sewing continues, I really couldn't tahan and told the doc to stop to wrap up everything. Mine you, this was just a few years ago, and I still shivered whenever I think of that ordeal, needless to talk about a child.

I think LA takes some time to become effective, but doctors usu. dun wait?

GA is very powerful. I remember I felt myself losing consciousness by the count of 5, even told the gynae that in the process. Total KO.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:41 pm

If LA is applied, then it better be effective esp for children who sure would scream when the stitching starts.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:14 am

Jennifer wrote:Starting 4.50 from Paddington.

Captivating plot. Stayed up to finish last night.

The best among the 3 books I hv read so far.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:26 am

Jennifer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Starting 4.50 from Paddington.

Captivating plot. Stayed up to finish last night.

The best among the 3 books I hv read so far.

Used to love reading Agatha Christie's books. I had to control myself from flipping to the back to find the whodunit :wink: Have introduced her books to dd1. Your postings here make me want to visit nlb to reread AC's books again

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:30 am

schweppes wrote:Used to love reading Agatha Christie's books. I had to control myself from flipping to the back to find the whodunit :wink: Have introduced her books to dd1. Your postings here make me want to visit nlb to reread AC's books again

My kids don't enjoy the books I enjoyed- mystery/crime and historical. I introduced authors I enjoyed at various points in the past, but they have different tastes. So sad!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:43 am

schweppes wrote:Used to love reading Agatha Christie's books. I had to control myself from flipping to the back to find the whodunit :wink: Have introduced her books to dd1. Your postings here make me want to visit nlb to reread AC's books again

:hi5:

me too, except that I always flipped to the end to find out who did it.

Elder boy is upset with this habit of mine :rotflmao: I told him to not bother me :wink:

I left one book at home now. Must go to the library to get more.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:46 am

slmkhoo wrote:

My kids don't enjoy the books I enjoyed- mystery/crime and historical. I introduced authors I enjoyed at various points in the past, but they have different tastes. So sad!

Elder boy is the one who started reading AC during his JH1 in NJC. That time the LA theme was crimes.

I picked up AC book the other day when I accompanied him to a medical checkup to pass time while waiting for him. Did not know then that AC books are so captivating.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schweppes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:47 am

slmkhoo wrote:

I know right?!! In the same situation too. When they were younger (pre and teen years), tried hard to introduce them the books I used to enjoy but they have their own tastes. But I keep trying.

dd1 likes fantasy type books, definitely not my kind of read. Of late, it's evolving to more general reads.

dd2 is less of a reader :spank: Seems to take her forever to finish a book. But I noticed she likes those autobiography type books. Recently finished "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch and "I am Malala"

I remembered complaining to a friend that my girls did not enjoy books by Enid Blyton or the types of books I used to enjoy reading. He commented that that times are different now and the books now are written more for the current generation. More importantly, at least they are reading than not at all. I thought that made a lot of sense.

Still, there are certain genres of books I tell them to stay away from. 50 shades of grey type books being on the banned list at home.

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres