Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:69

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by schweppes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:10 am

Funz wrote:I read AC when I was in primary school. But move on to Sweet Valley High when I went to Sec Sch. :lol: Wonder why.

Kiddos did not take to her books.

DS is into mythology, reading a lot of Rick Riordan books. DD is into the Veronica Roth series, Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant. Before that was Maze Runner.
how about the hunger games series for dd? I actually enjoyed reading the 1st 2 books. mockingjay was a bore :snooze:

schweppes
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:69

Post by schweppes » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:13 am

When I was in primary school, it was Enid Blyton all the way. My friends and I would form a club, ala the 5 find outers and famous five and try to solve the mystery of missing rubbers or colour pencils :rotflmao:

in secondary sch, was consumed with Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series. Had a huge crush on Shaun Cassidy :love: during those years when HB was on air :boogie:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:120

Post by Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:14 am

schweppes wrote:When I was in primary school, it was Enid Blyton all the way. My friends and I would form a club, ala the 5 find outers and famous five and try to solve the mystery of missing rubbers or colour pencils :rotflmao:

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:19 am

Like to check with working personnel: does your company insist on a standard sign-off in emails?

Eg, Regards, Jennifer

or Yours Sincerely, Jennifer

any font?

any colour?

with picture?

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:10

Post by Porky Pig » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:28 am

Jennifer wrote:Like to check with working personnel: does your company insist on a standard sign-off in emails?

Eg, Regards, Jennifer

any font?

any colour?

with picture?
My company has a standard sign off for all. Company logo in our corporate color. Individual's name, designation, division, address, contact numbers etc. All in the same color and font. Our IT made it idiot proof, meaning we just insert the necessarily inputs and the info will appear.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:32 am

Porky Pig wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Like to check with working personnel: does your company insist on a standard sign-off in emails?

Eg, Regards, Jennifer

any font?

any colour?

with picture?
My company has a standard sign off for all. Company logo in our corporate color. Individual's name, designation, division, address, contact numbers etc. All in the same color and font. Our IT made it idiot proof, meaning we just insert the necessarily inputs and the info will appear.
Looks very professional, I like.

I just received an email (on copy) from a staff in the logistic dept. She has a picture, in this picture was her name.

I was like "huh", not professional look. Thinking whether I should feedback to the HR manager.

Another staff (also this dept) has a different font.

Another staff (another dept) has a colour and underline.

Is this a normal trend now or I am being old fashion?

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:10

Post by Porky Pig » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 am

Jennifer wrote:
Porky Pig wrote:

Eg, Regards, Jennifer

any font?

any colour?

with picture?
Looks very professional, I like.

I just received an email (on copy) from a staff in the logistic dept. She has a picture, in this picture was her name.

I was like "huh", not professional look. Thinking whether I should feedback to the HR manager.

Another staff (also this dept) has a different font.

Another staff (another dept) has a colour and underline.

Is this a normal trend now or I am being old fashion?
This will not be acceptable in most MNCs.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Jennifer » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:02 am

Porky Pig wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Is this a normal trend now or I am being old fashion?
This will not be acceptable in most MNCs.
PP, thank you for your valuable input.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:151

Post by Sun_2010 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:48 pm

schweppes wrote:When I was in primary school, it was Enid Blyton all the way. My friends and I would form a club, ala the 5 find outers and famous five and try to solve the mystery of missing rubbers or colour pencils :rotflmao:

in secondary sch, was consumed with Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew series. Had a huge crush on Shaun Cassidy :love: during those years when HB was on air :boogie:
:hi5:

And Perry Mason, and and Wodehouse

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:334

Post by Funz » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:05 pm

schweppes wrote:
Funz wrote:I read AC when I was in primary school. But move on to Sweet Valley High when I went to Sec Sch. :lol: Wonder why.

Kiddos did not take to her books.

DS is into mythology, reading a lot of Rick Riordan books. DD is into the Veronica Roth series, Divergent, Insurgent and Allegiant. Before that was Maze Runner.
how about the hunger games series for dd? I actually enjoyed reading the 1st 2 books. mockingjay was a bore :snooze:
She was done with that in P4.