Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby lee_yl » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:10 am

Jennifer wrote:
lee_yl wrote:Thanks for sharing, interesting information on the stringent selection of PSC scholars. Only disconcerting point is the last sentence, which threw all the selection tests into doubt as Mr. Lee admitted that the process cannot predict how the 19-yr old would turn out at 25 or 30.

I think we need to take a first step in everything we set out to do. Then moderate the plans as we go along.

The book is worth reading as we understand why he carried out certain policies. We get to know that not all scholar candidates in his team delivered and had to be let go.

I am now in the chapter on graduate males marrying graduate females so that the offspring are smart too. Recalled some time ago sb in ksp shared sth similar - to have smart children, the man must marry a smart or smarter woman than he is. Mr Lee based this on what he had read and observed in Sg as well as other parts of the world.

Mr Lee was also concerned that the talent pool to be recruited into the public service is harder to find now as many young people are unwilling to enter into public service. His grandchildren included.

One thing you have to admire in Mr. Lee is his straight talking, no other politician in the world would talk as candidly about the offspring of graduate parents being brighter. Back then, there were even financial incentives given for non-graduate mothers to undergo sterilization. This was a highly controversial issue and many were upset then. Up till now, I am not sure that graduate parents indeed produce brighter children. The more pressing issue then and now, is the continued tendency for highly educated women to marry late (or remain single).

The availability of more talents outside the Civil Service may not be a bad thing as the usual complaint is that the public sector has a monopoly on talents with the well-established scholarship programme and well-paying careers. Among Mr. Lee's grandsons, one took the PSC scholarship and another is in the public sector.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:56 am

We need talents in both civil service and private sectors for a country to progress. It is all about striking a fine balance.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:23 pm

This morning trip is a pain, stucked in the jam for close to 3 hrs.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 pm

Jennifer wrote:This morning trip is a pain, stucked in the jam for close to 3 hrs.

From where? To where? :?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:34 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:This morning trip is a pain, stucked in the jam for close to 3 hrs.

From where? To where? :?

From Msia Senai to Kulai

清明扫墓

Elder boy n I ended up with headache.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:19 am

Oic. Done with our 扫墓 on 22 march. At mandai.

After braving the rain, I returned home with a headache too, and it persisted till bedtime. Not very serious but annoying enough to keep me moving on a slower pace. Feeling much better today.

A concerned tofu boy checked how I was soon after he woke up. Gave me a big smile and planted a kiss on my cheeks before he skipped off to school. So sweet. Wished he could be so sweet all the time.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 am

Imami wrote:Oic. Done with our 扫墓 on 22 march. At mandai.

After braving the rain, I returned home with a headache too, and it persisted till bedtime. Not very serious but annoying enough to keep me moving on a slower pace. Feeling much better today.

A concerned tofu boy checked how I was soon after he woke up. Gave me a big smile and planted a kiss on my cheeks before he skipped off to school. So sweet. Wished he could be so sweet all the time.

Originally planned to do it last Sun, but ah boy siao wanted to check in boarding in the early afternoon.

FIL's mother rested in Senai but FIL's father rested in Kulai.

Why this arrangement? Years ago, the cemetery at Senai was rumoured to be cleared. But now, it seems like it was just a rumour. When settled for Kulai, the plan was to move grandMIL to Kulai. Then a relative said not good to move. Hence we go to 2 places now.

During the jam, ah boy complained and complained and ranted off the impossible. Wanted to kick him out of the car :frustrated:

How I wished he remained at the age of 3 yo.
Last edited by Jennifer on Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:32 am

Hope that you are feeling better today, Jen!

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:37 am

Porky Pig wrote:Hope that you are feeling better today, Jen!

PP,

:thankyou:

The headache is gone in the morning.

Then I realised if I move a little faster, the pain returns. So, like imami, taking things slower today.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:37 am

Jennifer wrote:
Originally planned to do it last Sun, but ah boy siao wanted to check in boarding in the early afternoon.

During the jam, he complained and complained and ranted off the impossible. Wanted to kick him out of the car :frustrated:

How I wished he remained at the age of 3 yo.

My apologies but I almost lol when I read your "... Ah boy siao..." can sense your frustration.

Indeed, in an enclosed space, with a "can't seem to stop" complain king/queen is terrible. Just like a crying baby who refuse to stop. Sorry, me totally no tolerance for crying babies and constant, never ending :rant:

Your hubby in the car too right? He immune to ah boy's complaints?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres