Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I thought 4 bedrooms condos comes with a study room or am I wrong?

Our present place is 3 bedrooms + 1 study room.

Was looking at North Park Residences, the 5 room is only 1400+ sq ft. Too small for us.

1400sq ft cut into 5 rooms, goodness.

5 rooms will be my ideal as well. 1 rm each for kids, master bedroom, study and 1 guest.

Right now we have 4 bedrooms. 1 of which is a study now. We have a pull out bed built into DS's bed. That is used when nephew comes to stay over or when parents stay over, DS will give up his room for granpa and granma and bunk with us.

Why not put a sofa bed in the study?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:07 pm

Funz wrote:Why not put a sofa bed in the study?

The study room is his hi-fi room too.

We hv a Seahorse mattress leaning against the cupboard. Anyone who needs it, laid it on the floor in the study room or carry to their own bedroom.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:17 pm

Bou this at Japan Home, UP $23.90

With the promo, I paid $11.90

Opened the box n assembled the pole. Ended up dunno how to use. Was thinking some mechanism not working n instead of bringing back to West Mall, wanted to dump.

Hahaha, luckily I did not. Now know how to use.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:56 pm

Funz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:I thought 4 bedrooms condos comes with a study room or am I wrong?

Our present place is 3 bedrooms + 1 study room.

Was looking at North Park Residences, the 5 room is only 1400+ sq ft. Too small for us.

1400sq ft cut into 5 rooms, goodness.

5 rooms will be my ideal as well. 1 rm each for kids, master bedroom, study and 1 guest.

Right now we have 4 bedrooms. 1 of which is a study now. We have a pull out bed built into DS's bed. That is used when nephew comes to stay over or when parents stay over, DS will give up his room for granpa and granma and bunk with us.

Why not put a sofa bed in the study?

Alternative suggestions - ear plugs? Getting your husband's snoring problem examined and (hopefully) reduced? Get your husband to work and sleep in his hifi room, and get kids to study in their own rooms?

Our current configuration is 3 bedrooms, of which one is a "spare"! My girls share a room, my husband has his desk in our bedroom, and my girls either study in their room or at the dining table. My desk is the most centrally-located - in the living room just outside the kitchen. The spare room is mainly used for sewing and ironing, guests if we have any, and sometimes my younger girl goes in there to play her guitar or record stuff for school. It's actually quite cosy not to have everyone spread out too far.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:23 pm

We've always needed a study separate from our bedroom. Before kids we had a separate study too. At that time either DH or I may have to be on conference calls till the wee hours of the mornings. Now DH still needs to do that so cannot have his work area in the bedroom or it will disrupt my sleep, cannot have it in the living area either as it means no one else can chill in the living room if he is on call. Kids have their own study tables in their bedrooms. We used to entertain a fair bit, still do but not as much as before, so not so nice to have a study desk in the living or dining area. Kiddos used to share a room but I think being a boy and a girl, they will need their own space, especially when puberty hits.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Funz wrote:We've always needed a study separate from our bedroom. Before kids we had a separate study too. At that time either DH or I may have to be on conference calls till the wee hours of the mornings. Now DH still needs to do that so cannot have his work area in the bedroom or it will disrupt my sleep, cannot have it in the living area either as it means no one else can chill in the living room if he is on call. Kids have their own study tables in their bedrooms. We used to entertain a fair bit, still do but not as much as before, so not so nice to have a study desk in the living or dining area. Kiddos used to share a room but I think being a boy and a girl, they will need their own space, especially when puberty hits.

Yes, I see your limitations. If I had a boy and a girl, I would split them up too. But since my girls have always shared and are used to it, I'm keeping them together. Late night calls is something we don't have to deal with either. My husband's infrequent night calls are done before bedtime. We hardly entertain, and the only ones who visit are the ones who don't mind the mess!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:45 pm

Yah if kiddos are of the same gender I will let them share a room. Growing up elder sis and I started out sharing a room but eventually we each had our own rooms, queen size bed, full wardrobe, study tables and all. But we ended up bunking with each other most of the time. Then when we get irritated with each other, we will shift back to our own rooms only to end up bunking together again after a day or 2. :lol:

In fact, even now, at times, DD will bunk in DS room during the holidays.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:52 pm

Funz wrote:Yah if kiddos are of the same gender I will let them share a room. Growing up elder sis and I started out sharing a room but eventually we each had our own rooms, queen size bed, full wardrobe, study tables and all. But we ended up bunking with each other most of the time. Then when we get irritated with each other, we will shift back to our own rooms only to end up bunking together again after a day or 2. :lol:

In fact, even now, at times, DD will bunk in DS room during the holidays.

:lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:22 pm

Rum n raisins is still the best flavour for me :rahrah:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:29 pm

Jennifer wrote:Rum n raisins is still the best flavour for me :rahrah:

The one from Anderson ice cream?

Check with you, how old is your hubby? Might be a little hard to get 80% loan. They calculate 65-age= years of loan

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres