Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 15374
Joined: Mon Nov 16,
Total Likes:25

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by starlight1968sg » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Jennifer wrote:
I am a small time saver, did not think too much about interest earnings which won't be much in my case anyway.

Dont ignore the effect of compounding interest!
Small >> Big >> Bigger >> Biggest :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:25 pm

TheAnswer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer,
The 2% interest rate is too attractive to ignore.



Only if one parks a lot of $ into this account every month.

Normal interest rate only 0.05% as shown on POSB website.

How much is a lot?



The max is $3000 each month and one will need to park all the money in the account for some years before the ending balance looks good :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
I am a small time saver, did not think too much about interest earnings which won't be much in my case anyway.

Dont ignore the effect of compounding interest!
Small >> Big >> Bigger >> Biggest :lol:



:rahrah:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 17891
Joined: Thu Dec 06,
Total Likes:30

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by TheAnswer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Jennifer wrote:
TheAnswer wrote:When r u visiting ur niece?


Will see her on Wed at in laws' place.

:smile:

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 17891
Joined: Thu Dec 06,
Total Likes:30

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by TheAnswer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:27 pm

Is it a temporary promotion or permanent one?


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:41 pm

TheAnswer wrote:Is it a temporary promotion or permanent one?


I dun think this is temporary.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7222
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi Jennifer, recall you own a Scanpan ceramic titanium pan? Is the non-stick layer still good after a few years? Wondering if their Chinese wok is good to buy?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:22 pm

Busymom wrote:Hi Jennifer, recall you own a Scanpan ceramic titanium pan? Is the non-stick layer still good after a few years? Wondering if their Chinese wok is good to buy?


Hi,

the non stick is still working well.

Busymom
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 7222
Joined: Mon Jul 06,
Total Likes:26

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Busymom » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:27 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Busymom wrote:Hi Jennifer, recall you own a Scanpan ceramic titanium pan? Is the non-stick layer still good after a few years? Wondering if their Chinese wok is good to buy?


Hi,

the non stick is still working well.


Thanks, Jennifer. I read that scanpan pans/woks are made of aluminum but fired with ceramic + titanium coating. When you bought this pan, did they tell you if it's suitable for high temperature cooking?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Busymom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Busymom wrote:Hi Jennifer, recall you own a Scanpan ceramic titanium pan? Is the non-stick layer still good after a few years? Wondering if their Chinese wok is good to buy?


Hi,

the non stick is still working well.


Thanks, Jennifer. I read that scanpan pans/woks are made of aluminum but fired with ceramic + titanium coating. When you bought this pan, did they tell you if it's suitable for high temperature cooking?


I know it can be used in oven.

Cant recall whether the sales mentioned about direct stove high temperature.

Locked