Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby TheAnswer » Wed May 06, 2015 10:36 am

zbear wrote:Such a weather makes a lot of people fall sick easily.

Very sleepy now..

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed May 06, 2015 4:30 pm

The new printer has arrived. Installing the drivers now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed May 06, 2015 11:07 pm

Jennifer wrote:The new printer has arrived. Installing the drivers now.

Old one cannot be repaired?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2015 7:20 am

TheAnswer wrote:
Jennifer wrote:The new printer has arrived. Installing the drivers now.

Old one cannot be repaired?

The technician found no paper jam issue. I tried out ytd, jam only once. :shrug:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2015 3:45 pm

Was reading the Bishan JC thread and made me recall the elderly like to say this:

I tell you ah, last time before the sun is up, I already tapping rubber at the plantation. Where got so lucky like you. Sleep until the sun shines on your butts

and hubby likes to say this to the boys:

I tell you, I already washing my own sch shoes every Sat and made my own breakfast plus boiling water in the kettle for your grandma to brew coffee for your grandfather. You still let your mother do all these???

Seriously, people need to remember the people now are not like them decades ago.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Thu May 07, 2015 3:54 pm

Jennifer wrote:Was reading the Bishan JC thread and made me recall the elderly like to say this:

I tell you ah, last time before the sun is up, I already tapping rubber at the plantation. Where got so lucky like you. Sleep until the sun shines on your butts

I tell you, I already washing my own sch shoes every Sat and made my own breakfast plus boiling water in the kettle for your grandma to brew coffee for your grandfather. You still let your mother do all these???

Seriously, people need to remember the people now are not like them decades ago.

Like!

DH has the same thinking like you. He also said last time CCA was not demanding and school works were not heavy.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Pen88n » Thu May 07, 2015 4:04 pm

ngl2010 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Was reading the Bishan JC thread and made me recall the elderly like to say this:

Like!

DH has the same thinking like you. He also said last time CCA was not demanding and school works were not heavy.

Sounds like all daddy same mentality. My DH told his kids why need electronic dictionary - paper dictionary will do as well. He nagged :rant: that I spoilt them by buying electronic dictionary for them :frustrated: . I finally "buay tahan" and told him if his daddy were to tell him no need calculator can use abacus to do all his school maths, will he accept it? :razz:

We must move with the era - if there is an easier way or change of way of doing things, why are we sticking to the old mentality?

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu May 07, 2015 4:04 pm

I guess these days it is more a matter of 'is there a need for them to do all these' rather than can or cannot do.

I was ironing my own school unis, washing my own school shoes, changing my own bedsheets and washing up after dinner when I was 10yrs old. Is there a need for kiddos to be doing that at 10yrs old now? I guess not. I had to because even, though mum was a SAHM, there was a younger sis whom she has to take care of so we all pitch in to help here and there.

Now I have a live in helper, there really is no need for kiddos to be doing all these themselves. Of course certain stuff like making their own beds, putting their laundry away or sorting their own dirty laundry into the correct baskets, all these they still need to do but not to the extent of what I had to do. But if I do not have a live in helper, they may have to do more than I ever did as a kid. I do not believe in running myself haggard to make life easy for them.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2015 4:06 pm

Pen88n wrote:I finally "buay tahan" and told him if his daddy were to tell him no need calculator can use abacus to do all his school maths, will he accept it? :razz:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pen, you made my day :love:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu May 07, 2015 4:11 pm

Funz wrote:I do not believe in running myself haggard to make life easy for them.

When elder boy first expressed interests in SUTD, I went to research on the residential area. In the end, I decided it is better for me to let him stay in the hostel or get a driving licence and hubby buys a 2nd hand car for him. Changi is too ulu for me :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres