Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer: New member reporting

Postby zbear » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:42 am

Pls share- what is the outcome of the test?

zbear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:19 am

My not very old fujitsu is not booting up.

the old Dell (on vista) is still installing updates since 9.45am

Ah boy's Asus being windows 8 cannot load latest Java update 45.

Urgh.......

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:20 am

zbear wrote:Pls share- what is the outcome of the test?

the result will be out in 2 weeks time. I will share as much as possible, except his IQ rating.

Ah boy does not know elder boy's IQ either.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:05 pm

Waaahh, I know very well what it is like the be the 2nd child and to top that, a middle child as well. From as far back as I can remember, my mum has been saying I am the one who gave her the most trouble.

Elder sis was easy, quiet, obedient, conscientious basically a conformist. So in comparison, I am a rebel, asked too many question, want to know too many things, cannot just do must ask why. Needless to say, I did not fare as well in my studies as my elder sis and gave my parents quite a fair bit of headache. Did not do too badly but not as well as her. Followed the path that elder sis set and went to JC instead of Poly even though I wanted to go the poly route. After JC though, I decided to chart my own path instead of following in elder sis's footsteps. The moment I set off on my own path instead of trying to follow her path, I gained confidence and my relationship with my mum and sis improved.

My mum was a major contributor of this feeling that I am a paler version of elder sis. Up till today she still has the ability to make me feel that way with her constant comparison of our kids. Niece so easy, your dd so difficult, nephew younger but so much taller than you DS, nephew eats everything why our DS so picky, niece prefect why your DD not prefect, etc.

It is great that you are taking to trouble to understand what it might be like to be the 2nd child and with this understanding, I believe you will be able to communicate better with your ah boy and help him find his own path.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:29 pm

Funz wrote:Waaahh, I know very well what it is like the be the 2nd child and to top that, a middle child as well. From as far back as I can remember, my mum has been saying I am the one who gave her the most trouble.

Elder sis was easy, quiet, obedient, conscientious basically a conformist. So in comparison, I am a rebel, asked too many question, want to know too many things, cannot just do must ask why. Needless to say, I did not fare as well in my studies as my elder sis and gave my parents quite a fair bit of headache. Did not do too badly but not as well as her. Followed the path that elder sis set and went to JC instead of Poly even though I wanted to go the poly route. After JC though, I decided to chart my own path instead of following in elder sis's footsteps. The moment I set off on my own path instead of trying to follow her path, I gained confidence and my relationship with my mum and sis improved.

My mum was a major contributor of this feeling that I am a paler version of elder sis. Up till today she still has the ability to make me feel that way with her constant comparison of our kids. Niece so easy, your dd so difficult, nephew younger but so much taller than you DS, nephew eats everything why our DS so picky, niece prefect why your DD not prefect, etc.

It is great that you are taking to trouble to understand what it might be like to be the 2nd child and with this understanding, I believe you will be able to communicate better with your ah boy and help him find his own path.

Funz, thank you for sharing.

Though I am a #2 child, I did better in studies than my elder brother. Besides, we did not grow up in a normal family setup with a mother or a father who was ever interested in how we were coping with growing up.

I guess I had an easier childhood as I were the one in the driver seat.

The next counselling session is tmr afternoon.

Ytd, Sunday Times, there was an article written by Andy Chen, titled "Loving someone you never chose". It is a very timely read for me and my children.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:42 pm

http://thespeltbakers.ca/what-is-spelt/

http://www.sharphampark.com/about-spelt ... na-muffins

Some modifications:
1. Sugar reduced to 200g
2. Banana are baked in their skin, 60 deg C for 20 mins, leave to cool b4 peeling off the skin n mashing with a fork
3. I put a piece of Ritter Sport dark choco in each muffin.

The texture is really soft.

I did not hv enough muffin holders to bake all in 1 go. So, 12 overloaded muffins (spilled over, really ugly) and kept the batter in the fridge.

After the 12 muffins r out of the oven, I baked the balance batter in a pyrex glass tray. Looks like 4Leaves banana cake :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:11 pm

My Fujitsu has main board and hard disk issue, :gloomy: :sweat:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:03 pm

Jennifer wrote:http://thespeltbakers.ca/what-is-spelt/

Some modifications:
1. Sugar reduced to 200g
2. Banana are baked in their skin, 60 deg C for 20 mins, leave to cool b4 peeling off the skin n mashing with a fork

I did not hv enough muffin holders to bake all in 1 go. So, 12 overloaded muffins (spilled over, really ugly) and kept the batter in the fridge.

After the 12 muffins r out of the oven, I baked the balance batter in a pyrex glass tray. Looks like 4Leaves banana cake :lol:

thank you for sharing. what a good idea to handle over ripe bananas!

spelt... wow... again, first time hearing such a flour exist. do you buy from cold storage?

why would u want to bake banana in their skin before mashing?

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:54 pm

icy_mama wrote:
Jennifer wrote:http://thespeltbakers.ca/what-is-spelt/

Some modifications:
1. Sugar reduced to 200g

thank you for sharing. what a good idea to handle over ripe bananas!

spelt... wow... again, first time hearing such a flour exist. do you buy from cold storage?

why would u want to bake banana in their skin before mashing?

yep, bou from Cold Storage.

I baked the banana cos they were not the desired ripeness. It was easier to mash them too, the fragance was nice, I did not use banana essence. Could smell the muffins in the oven from the bedroom.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:58 pm

We got the IQ results this afternoon.

Need to build on self regulation skills in order to optimise life skills.

Psychologist recommends:
1. big fish in small pond sec sch as ah boy has high needs for affirmation
2. a IB curriculum might be more suitable than the structured 'A' levels

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres