Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:44 pm

TheAnswer wrote:Your part time job seems like quite a lot to do..

It is now year end closing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:47 pm

sun sun sun wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I so hate it when there is a computerised accounting system, yet I am told to extract data to input into a excel spreadsheet.

Esp when the excel spreadsheet template given to me sucks.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm facing the opposite problem, I need to extract data from one computerised system into excel spreadsheet and then input into the accounting system. The 2 systems do not talk to each other! haha

:yikes:

That was what the previous system was. They used UBS inventory and accounting. Then the accounts dept decided they cant trust the UBS inventory or whatever, so the accounts clerks have to extract from inventory, then input into accounting module.

SO inefficient. One month passed, still cant close the month. Then roll over to two months passed.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:49 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
sun sun sun wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I so hate it when there is a computerised accounting system, yet I am told to extract data to input into a excel spreadsheet.

Esp when the excel spreadsheet template given to me sucks.

Hi Jennifer,

I'm facing the opposite problem, I need to extract data from one computerised system into excel spreadsheet and then input into the accounting system. The 2 systems do not talk to each other! haha

Cannot export from the 1st system into excel and then do import from excel to 2nd system? We had similar nonsense at last job... :slapshead:

I am using MYOB now.

I realised even export to excel, the fields cannot do numerical calculation, all become text field. Kena cheated by the MYOB salesperson or I dunno how to export :shrug: ?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sun sun sun » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:55 pm

Haiz, is a torture! I dunno how I going to survive.. Just have to grit our teeth! I'm thinking of changing accounting system. Any idea which accounting system is good? I thinking MYOB..

I can't close my FY14 accounts! sob sob. I manage to close 2 smaller companies, but got 2 large one haven't closed. Faintz.

sun sun sun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:20 pm

sun sun sun wrote:Haiz, is a torture! I dunno how I going to survive.. Just have to grit our teeth! I'm thinking of changing accounting system. Any idea which accounting system is good? I thinking MYOB..

I can't close my FY14 accounts! sob sob. I manage to close 2 smaller companies, but got 2 large one haven't closed. Faintz.

If use MYOB, buy the premier one - can do > 1 company setup and multi currency. Good for trading companies.

MYOB just released a latest version of Premier, bundled with one year business support, can claim PIC relief.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sun sun sun » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:23 pm

Jennifer wrote:
sun sun sun wrote:Haiz, is a torture! I dunno how I going to survive.. Just have to grit our teeth! I'm thinking of changing accounting system. Any idea which accounting system is good? I thinking MYOB..

If use MYOB, buy the premier one - can do > 1 company setup and multi currency. Good for trading companies.

MYOB just released a latest version of Premier, bundled with one year business support, can claim PIC relief.

Thanks Jennifer! I have 4 companies to take care of and we are a service company, maybe the premier one will be better?

sun sun sun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:25 pm

sun sun sun wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

Thanks Jennifer! I have 4 companies to take care of and we are a service company, maybe the premier one will be better?

If not trading in multiple currencies, then no need to use Premier s/w.

Btw, you can download trial s/w from MYOB website to see if you like using it. Think 30 days trial.
Last edited by Jennifer on Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sun sun sun » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Thanks Jennifer! Sorry for ranting in your home!

sun sun sun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:33 pm

:smile:

no problem.

sun sun sun wrote:Thanks Jennifer! Sorry for ranting in your home!

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:08 pm

You said it already loh. Impatient mah.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres