Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:16 pm

Porky Pig wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Lately, the home modem has been going on strike.

I also experience some lag when refreshing the ksp threads.

Does anyone else encounter this with ksp or the home modem needs some technical support attention?

I am on Singtel and today is very bad. Kept reverting to 4G instead of Wifi. My DH rebooted the modem.

Yes, we needed to off on the modem more often these days. I thought it is our modem problem as there was once it was totally unconnected for a few hours. During those few hours, I need not work :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:27 pm

How was the CPF talk? Worth attending?

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:29 pm

Need to sleep early tonight. Been getting up early for the past few days in order to get two washing machine loads done in the morning before I leave house for the blood test, endocrine review and KKH breast scan respectively over the past three days.

Tomorrow need to do marketing, sian.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:50 pm

TheAnswer wrote:How was the CPF talk? Worth attending?

The previous tertiary education loans talk was better.

Yesterday Life @ 55 was spoilt by QnA session in which some members did not ask related questions to the presentations or displayed rude attitudes.

The nature of the talk was outlined clearly in the CPF website.

One member who is a sole-proprietor asked about compulsory Medisave contribution excess, how to join CPFLife.

The talk was aimed at working employees, not sole proprietor, going to turn 55 years this year July.

Anyway among one of the presentation slides , it was presented that excess Medisave contribution will be accumulated in the Retirement Account. Retirement account will then be subject to payouts depending on the quantum at that particular age.

Yet this member missed the point completely.

Another member wanted to know how much exactly can be withdrawn and how many times a 55 year old can withdraw. The slides already showed minimum is $5000 and the member can choose to do the withdrawal all at once or a few times.

In the past, 55 years old member can only do a one time withdrawal. The policy is now changed. She then asked whether the previous batch under the old policy can now withdraw many times.

Again missed the point of this talk.

This member then wanted to know exactly how many times. She missed the point that it is totally up to the member, be it $10 each time, till $5000 all withdrawn. Then she bluntly said the presenter should specify the number of times, instead of saying generally 3 to 4 times.

Then another member asked about pledging of property if one chooses to have the Basic Retirement Sum set. This aspect was not covered in the slides in detail. I also have some questions about this, but I feel that it is better to ask via email such specific cases.

The CPFLife annuity plan has two options to choose- member to get max monthly payout during their lifetime and leave little for bequest or to get min monthly payout and leave more for bequest.

One member claimed that he attended a previous Life @ 55 talk and the slides showed the dollar and cents for these options, why yesterday talk did not show and why CPF makes two options for people to choose, so complicated. I shaked my head, give you choice, you complain, dun give you choice, you also complain.

I dunno. People at 55 more edgy when it comes to money talk?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 pm

Maybe they are going to depend on CPF for retirement funds? Money matters always sensitive.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:03 am

Jennifer wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:In the end, hubby came back to drive elder boy to the airport.

Nice of your hubby to make time to drive your elder boy to airport..missing him already?

Ok lah.

Quite used to being alone at home since the boys started sec sch life.

Different frm pri sch hor. It wld be sooooo boring at hm wif them being in sch most of the time during sec days though kids can be noisy at times. Do u miss ur boys initially when both of them r in sec levels?

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:48 am

kids_r_innocent wrote:Different frm pri sch hor. It wld be sooooo boring at hm wif them being in sch most of the time during sec days though kids can be noisy at times. Do u miss ur boys initially when both of them r in sec levels?

Felt more empty pockets of time.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:00 pm

Jennifer wrote:
kids_r_innocent wrote:Different frm pri sch hor. It wld be sooooo boring at hm wif them being in sch most of the time during sec days though kids can be noisy at times. Do u miss ur boys initially when both of them r in sec levels?

So wat did u do to fill in those pockets? :wink:
Wat time wld they return hm when they r in sec schs

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:50 pm

kids_r_innocent wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

So wat did u do to fill in those pockets? :wink:
Wat time wld they return hm when they r in sec schs

Before elder boy's CCA ended, he would be back around 6+pm.

On days he goes to Yishun for training, it could be 8 to 9+pm.

When doing research at NUS, sometimes 10+pm

Ah boy would be back late around 6+pm on his CCA days.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:39 pm

So frustrating to be working with people who either do not open their eyes to review attached documents or do not open the attached document at all when I first sent to them to update status.

And still cannot see when I gave them the original document to sign.

Then after I forwarded to the salesperson, copy them, suddenly their eyes open up.

Became my job to contact the salesperson to stop him from forwarding to customer, if still possible.

:rant:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres