Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:25 pm

Porky Pig wrote:
Jennifer wrote:So frustrating to be working with people who either do not open their eyes to review attached documents or do not open the attached document at all when I first sent to them to update status.

And still cannot see when I gave them the original document to sign.

Then after I forwarded to the salesperson, copy them, suddenly their eyes open up.

Became my job to contact the salesperson to stop him from forwarding to customer, if still possible.

:rant:

This is very common. I normally will snip the main gist of my attachment and attach as a body to my email. Follow by the actual attachment. Like tat no excuse at all.

But my document is a form, minimal words, they only need to focus on what I had filled up in some blanks. Like this also cannot see properly, then must go for eye checkups liao.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:44 pm

TheAnswer wrote:
kids_r_innocent wrote:No wonder ppl say SAHMs will be "redundant" when their kids goes to sec schs, muz get used to lonely life when they r in sch. :cry: I better start planning to do something gradually or else I will start growing cobwebs :laugh:

My road is long before both goes to secondary school :cry:

At least ur Sonny is juz two yrs away n u can enjoy girl to girl talk wif ur DD when ur boy is in sec sch.

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 am

kids_r_innocent wrote:No wonder ppl say SAHMs will be "redundant" when their kids goes to sec schs, muz get used to lonely life when they r in sch. :cry: I better start planning to do something gradually or else I will start growing cobwebs :laugh:

Not totally redundant! The housework and cooking part doesn't change, although you don't need a full day to do it. From my experience, although my kids are in sec school and don't usually get home till 4pm or later, they still like me to be home when they are at home. They don't necessarily talk to me much (doing homework etc), neither do I wait on them hand and foot with drinks, snacks etc (all DIY) or supervise them closely, but they just like to have me within chatting range. They have a greater sense of security, I guess, and they will tell me more in bits through the hours than if we sit down and have a concentrated chat in the evening.

But it's good to start planning something - hobby, PT job, volunteer work etc for the extra hours when kids are older. For the past 1.5yrs, I was doing a PT/freelance job but I'm still waiting for the contract to be renewed (public service - red tape!). I've been looking for other possibilities in the meanwhile and have been called for an interview on Mon. It wasn't clear from the ad that it was FT, and the HR person says I can try to "persuade" the boss to let me have flexi/PT hours though he's not sure whether the boss (old man) will agree. Anyway, I said I'd go for the interview and see how. My husband said that if I am offered FT/flexi hours, I should go for it, but I still prefer PT/flexi. If it's FT in the office all day, I won't take it. That's just me - I don't want to be too busy and tired, and be grouchy with my kids every evening. A few years more, when my nest is really empty, then I may consider FT work.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:08 am

I have one in primary school and one in secondary school. I think timing about the same la.
So long no intensive CCA, no 3rd language, won't need to stay back everyday in school

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:56 pm

I need to start making my brain active now..got to prepare already.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:07 pm

Feel like giving the salesperson a good scolding.

Twice misrepresentation of information to end customer.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:07 pm

:stupid:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:24 pm

Jennifer wrote::stupid: