Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:42 pm

acupuncture and cupping done this afternoon.

suggested diet change: eat porridge for breakfast :sweat:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:03 pm

Why eat porridge for breakfast?

I do that at times, porridge or hot soba for breakfast.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:12 pm

Funz wrote:Why eat porridge for breakfast?

I do that at times, porridge or hot soba for breakfast.


Funz, you have helper to cook hor :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:25 pm

:wink:

Now I have a helper. But this helper's idea of breakfast is to put the loaf of bread with all the variety of spreads I have out on the table. If I do not instruct, she will not think to vary the breakfast.

Even before maid, I do that sometimes, especially when I was preggy. Before preggy, breakfast was never in my vocab.

Put rice into slow cooker the night before and it will be ready in the morning. Usually porridge I will eat with fu yu and the preserved olive veg. Other times just dried scallop porridge. Simple stuff.

Prepare soba soup and boil the soba noodles the night before. Next morning heat up soup, pour over noodles and slurp up.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:11 pm

Funz, if cook porridge in slow cooker overnight, it will not stick at the bottom?

The TCM frowns on late hours.

I overheard her telling another patient that her late sleeping hours will cause her to die earlier.

When I told her I slept around 10.30am, she did not say the same to me :lol:

I forgot to ask her whether I can cook in thermal pot from 9pm to last till the next morning, which works out to be 9 hours of cooking porridge.

Can or not?

Btw she recommends I add Chinese barley and fresh Chinese yam in the porridge and to have some protein like meat in it too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:10 pm

I gave each boy a milk ice cream after dinner. To console elder boy for the lousy review of the GP essay and to praise ah boy for pulling up his room window blinds before leaving for school this morning.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:11 pm

I finally bought a black bag at Robinsons this afternoon. $79 discounted price.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:03 am

Jennifer wrote:Funz, if cook porridge in slow cooker overnight, it will not stick at the bottom?

The TCM frowns on late hours.

I overheard her telling another patient that her late sleeping hours will cause her to die earlier.

When I told her I slept around 10.30am, she did not say the same to me :lol:

I forgot to ask her whether I can cook in thermal pot from 9pm to last till the next morning, which works out to be 9 hours of cooking porridge.

Can or not?

Btw she recommends I add Chinese barley and fresh Chinese yam in the porridge and to have some protein like meat in it too.


Sorry missed this. Nope does not stick.

Haha, about late night. My doc told me that one should go to sleep today and wake up tomorrow, not go to sleep tomorrow.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12114
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 am

Image

It is only 7cm long.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:36 am

Funz wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Funz, if cook porridge in slow cooker overnight, it will not stick at the bottom?

The TCM frowns on late hours.

I overheard her telling another patient that her late sleeping hours will cause her to die earlier.

When I told her I slept around 10.30am, she did not say the same to me :lol:

I forgot to ask her whether I can cook in thermal pot from 9pm to last till the next morning, which works out to be 9 hours of cooking porridge.

Can or not?

Btw she recommends I add Chinese barley and fresh Chinese yam in the porridge and to have some protein like meat in it too.


Sorry missed this. Nope does not stick.

Haha, about late night. My doc told me that one should go to sleep today and wake up tomorrow, not go to sleep tomorrow.




:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25810
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres