Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:38 pm

bb_ mom wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Is a thunderstorm happening at your place now?

I am getting strong winds and hearing thunder rumblings. The sky is not very dark yet.

Very windy and can hear the thunder. Can also smell incoming rain. But no rain.

Yes, the smell of rain. Quite a nice one today. Like somewhere having a heavy downpour now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 am

It came to my notice that MIL has been giving elder boy fruit juice after lunch at her place during the weekends.

This is a practice I have on numerous occasions told her not to do so as it is not right to load the digestive system with more fluids, esp after the big bowl of soup at lunch as well as the overeating due to her persistent urges to eat this, eat that.

So, the inevitable happened yesterday.

Elder boy went on a merlion spree since 7pm till 10+pm.

Both kenna scolded by me.

- Elder boy being unable to say NO to grandma and not flagging the issue to me when it started again during my absence.

- MIL for her 好心做坏事 and failure to listen to my instructions.

The last time MIL did unauthorized feeding to ah boy, he fell sick and could not attend the K2 graduation performance and graduation ceremony. I stopped talking to her for months. Too long ago, she must have forgotten this lesson.

For those of you who have no idea how much my MIL cooks for the weekends, let me give you some ideas.

The dining table is a 8 persons size and has a lazy suzy. The plates of dishes fill up the entire lazy suzy even though the number of persons at the table is less than 8.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:00 am

Elder boy is still running a fever.

Going to bring him to see the TCM physician tomorrow.

Need to get him well before the prelims.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:34 am

After a vomiting epsiode and then fever, elder boy must be feeling very weak.

Jennifer, you manage to catch some sleep? Hug.

Smetimes I really feel grandparents should just remain as that- grandparents. Let the parents do their job. Not talking about your mil thought.有感而发。

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:54 am

Take care, Jen. Make sure you increase all your vitamins, minerals and herbal tea so that your immunity is strong!

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:30 am

Hope elder boy gets better soon.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:31 am

Jen
I didnt know after a bowl of soup during meals, it is not advisable to drink fruit juice.
What about drinking water or eating fruits?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:49 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Jen
I didnt know after a bowl of soup during meals, it is not advisable to drink fruit juice.
What about drinking water or eating fruits?

:siao: Her soup bowl is larger than the rice bowl.

Btw, the fruit juice she serves does not come in a glass or cup, it comes in the size of a big mug. Elder boy vomited mostly red colour stuff = the dragonfruit juice.

It is advisable for some people (esp those with weak digestive system) to take fruits an hour before a meal or two hours after a meal.

I know MIL does not agree with me on this, she always serves fruits right after a meal. Partly bcos everyone will leave an hour or so after eating at her place. If she does not serve right after, there is no chance for her to do so.

Whenever I am there, I forbid my children to take too much of those fruits.

The other day I went out with FIL to Msia to run some errands, he complained to me that MIL buys poor quality fruits for him, but gives the children and grandchildren expensive better quality ones.

Elder boy has a delicate digestion system since babyhood - the persistent constipation, slow growth despite good food, vomiting episodes after overeating.

Yet she refuses to listen to these signs.

Now that he is boarding at school, he needs to take extra care as he sleeps later each night.

Yesterday he put up a post-it on his bedroom door "Napping", I already crossed fingers he is not falling sick. Two hours later, he woke up for dinner, told me he felt unwell. Few minutes later, the vomiting started.

He is feeling weak now. I made a small portion of milo without milk powder for him.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 am

When I called MIL yesterday to ask her what she gave to elder boy, she told me he did not finish the fruit juice, only drank half a cup.

Thank goodness right?

Imagine what would happen if he forces himself to drink the full mug.

Elder boy needed a lesson on how to reject people.

In fact, I am glad this incident happened before the prelims, A levels and most importantly NS.

Last night, he vomited till he had to sit on the toilet floor.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:54 am

Jennifer
I understand your predicament.
Your MIL is kind and loves her grandchildren.
If you can't get your message across to her, then the only way is to advise your boy NOT to take too much fruit juice after a heavy meal with soup.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres