Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:47 am

Jennifer wrote:I checked out the forehead scanner thermometer at Unity this afternoon, so expensive > $150 for the Omron brand.

I have lost touch already but I really think you can get cheaper models elsewhere. Check out the baby department or places like Best Denki. When tofu boy was a baby, Braun's a popular brand.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:59 am

Jennifer wrote:I never sat on the toilet floor even when I was down with vomiting. It was quite a sight to see him like that last night.

I could not sleep well last night, woke up a few times to check on him.

I have, so I can imagine how he felt. I think guys might vomit with greater force, so it is more tiring.
Is he better now?

Also, I never trust those ear or forehead thermometers. They sometimes give wrong readings, so I end up using 2 thermometers to verify against each other. In the end, I just give up and use the simple and cheap in-mouth thermometer.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:04 am

Jennifer wrote:I checked out the forehead scanner thermometer at Unity this afternoon, so expensive > $150 for the Omron brand.

I just ordered a few. Braun Thermoscan. $80 each.

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/BRAUN-THERMOSCAN5-EAR-THERMOMETER/425051051?selectedOptions=;;

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:11 am

Funz wrote:

http://list.qoo10.sg/item/BRAUN-THERMOSCAN5-EAR-THERMOMETER/425051051?selectedOptions=;;

That's cheap! Braun for under a hundred.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

Funz wrote:

:thankyou:

I thought about getting one cos I did not want to disturb a sleeping patient.

Does the thermometer give out a loud beep?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:14 am

Update: elder boy is diagnosed to have contracted HFMD by the GP this morning.

The throat was clear at the TCM clinic yesterday.

One or two lesions on the palm was visible at the clinic which look like HFMD or the regular skin infection due to his sweaty palms.

More surfaced in the later afternoon and became itchy that disturbed his sleep last night.

So this morning, we went to pay a visit at the nearby GP who told us it would take about 1 to 2 weeks for full recovery.

Elder boy is grounded at home now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:20 am

Jennifer wrote:Update: elder boy is diagnosed to have contracted HFMD by the GP this morning.

One or two lesions on the palm was visible at the clinic which look like HFMD or the regular skin infection due to his sweaty palms.

More surfaced in the later afternoon and became itchy that disturbed his sleep last night.

So this morning, we went to pay a visit at the nearby GP who told us it would take about 1 to 2 weeks for full recovery.

Did you ask what to feed him for the next few days? I know for those that had difficulty in swallowing solid food, they were given tubs and tubs of ice cream and yoghurt.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:39 am

Porky Pig wrote:Did you ask what to feed him for the next few days? I know for those that had difficulty in swallowing solid food, they were given tubs and tubs of ice cream and yoghurt.

Sticking to porridge.

Dun think he would ask for cold ice cream or yoghurt- not his style.

The TCM physician advised me to brew barley water everyday for him. Going to buy more barley later.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:57 am

Jennifer wrote:Update: elder boy is diagnosed to have contracted HFMD by the GP this morning.

I thought your elder boy is already a teenager? Can teenagers contract HFMD?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Adults also can contract HFMD if their immunity is low.

Highly contagious but manageable. Try not to share toilets during this period. Else disinfect after he uses it. Person caring for him has to be diligent in hand washing. Stay hydrated if no appetite.

Hope he recovers soon. You take care as well.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres