Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
FantasyLandDreams
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2486
Joined: Tue Dec 24,
Total Likes:9

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by FantasyLandDreams » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Hi Jennifer
Please take care. Not trying to frighten you but hfmd can easily spread too. My friend in her mid forties got it when taking care of her 9 year old dd a few years ago, her dd got it from her classmates.

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 6888
Joined: Mon Aug 27,
Total Likes:16

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by MyPillow » Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:51 pm

Funz wrote:Adults also can contract HFMD if their immunity is low.

Highly contagious but manageable. Try not to share toilets during this period. Else disinfect after he uses it. Person caring for him has to be diligent in hand washing. Stay hydrated if no appetite.

Hope he recovers soon. You take care as well.


i got it before, 5yrs ago .
mild one in the mouth only, but the mouth/throat ulcers " kills"
I really need pain killer dose before I can swallow food
so i took medicine, 0.5hr before food . then i quickly eat my lil portion
of porridge or force down some white rice .
Even drinking water can make me teared :(

Best Drinks for me then:
Chilled 100 plus - replenish the water , sugar , salt content
You can try to ice blend banana , apple orange for your boy-
nice sweet cold icy drink n not so erosive to stomach coz of banana sugar

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:37 pm

Funz wrote:Adults also can contract HFMD if their immunity is low.

Highly contagious but manageable. Try not to share toilets during this period. Else disinfect after he uses it. Person caring for him has to be diligent in hand washing. Stay hydrated if no appetite.

Hope he recovers soon. You take care as well.



The first thing I did this morning before bringing elder boy to see the GP was to move ah boy's stuff out of the common toilet and wash the common toilet and the powder room toilet.

Elder boy to use only the common toilet.

Ah boy can share the master toilet with me.

Elder boy is wearing hotel slippers now.

Also got him to use a thermos flask, lessen contact of home items with us.

:xedfingers:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:39 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Funz wrote:Adults also can contract HFMD if their immunity is low.

Highly contagious but manageable. Try not to share toilets during this period. Else disinfect after he uses it. Person caring for him has to be diligent in hand washing. Stay hydrated if no appetite.

Hope he recovers soon. You take care as well.


i got it before, 5yrs ago .
mild one in the mouth only, but the mouth/throat ulcers " kills"
I really need pain killer dose before I can swallow food
so i took medicine, 0.5hr before food . then i quickly eat my lil portion
of porridge or force down some white rice .
Even drinking water can make me teared :(

Best Drinks for me then:
Chilled 100 plus - replenish the water , sugar , salt content
You can try to ice blend banana , apple orange for your boy-
nice sweet cold icy drink n not so erosive to stomach coz of banana sugar



As of now, the discomfort is manageable for him. Hope the pain level does not escalate.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:42 pm

FantasyLandDreams wrote:Hi Jennifer
Please take care. Not trying to frighten you but hfmd can easily spread too. My friend in her mid forties got it when taking care of her 9 year old dd a few years ago, her dd got it from her classmates.



This is our first encounter with HFMD.

Does seem scarily contagious to me :sweat:

There is no one he knows that has this infection, also dunno where he picked up the germs. Hiaz, hit him when his immunity is weakened.


Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 2076
Joined: Thu Oct 20,
Total Likes:9

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Coolkidsrock2 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:42 pm

My son had it about 3 times. Ice cream and fresh milk for him for first couple of days till the pain eased.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:My son had it about 3 times. Ice cream and fresh milk for him for first couple of days till the pain eased.



3 times :yikes:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 4748
Joined: Mon Feb 22,
Total Likes:151

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Sun_2010 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Hope your DS recovers soon.

Maybe good for you and your younger DS to take VitC .

You rest well too. take care.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Posts: 15824
Joined: Mon Sep 03,
Location: Singapore
Total Likes:320

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:16 pm

Jennifer wrote:This is our first encounter with HFMD.

Does seem scarily contagious to me :sweat:

There is no one he knows that has this infection, also dunno where he picked up the germs. Hiaz, hit him when his immunity is weakened.


The incubation period is 3-5 days before the symptoms show, so you might want your son to think about who he had contact with then.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:50 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:This is our first encounter with HFMD.

Does seem scarily contagious to me :sweat:

There is no one he knows that has this infection, also dunno where he picked up the germs. Hiaz, hit him when his immunity is weakened.


The incubation period is 3-5 days before the symptoms show, so you might want your son to think about who he had contact with then.


The GP told us the contagious period is when the person has fever and lesions start to form.

He did not think it is from anyone in school.

Locked