Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 pm

Jennifer wrote:The GP told us the contagious period is when the person has fever and lesions start to form.

He did not think it is from anyone in school.


Umm... how about from the family gathering that your son went to at your MIL's? Then again, he might have got it before then. Incubation period would be too short.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15692
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 329


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:34 pm

more spots are appearing now, throat getting more painful

:xedfingers:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Sorry, Jennifer's boy has chicken pox?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14715
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
Total Likes: 24


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:38 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:The GP told us the contagious period is when the person has fever and lesions start to form.

He did not think it is from anyone in school.


Umm... how about from the family gathering that your son went to at your MIL's? Then again, he might have got it before then. Incubation period would be too short.


He went to CCA friend's house on Sat for Hari Raya lunch, then off to Yishun SAFRA for his training, then back home.

Sunday at grandparents' house - only grandparents, ah boy, an aunt and spouse and the little cousin. But he did not have any close contact with the cousin, only watching him from a distance, unlike ah boy who plays with the little cousin.

Fever only came about on Sunday afternoon.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:43 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Sorry, Jennifer's boy has chicken pox?


HFMD

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 86



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:46 pm

buds wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Sorry, Jennifer's boy has chicken pox?


HFMD

Oh, can spread to others, must overcome the virus himself, right?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14715
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:43 am
Total Likes: 24


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:47 pm

Jennifer wrote:He went to CCA friend's house on Sat for Hari Raya lunch, then off to Yishun SAFRA for his training, then back home.

Sunday at grandparents' house - only grandparents, ah boy, an aunt and spouse and the little cousin. But he did not have any close contact with the cousin, only watching him from a distance, unlike ah boy who plays with the little cousin.

Fever only came about on Sunday afternoon.


Can't be on Saturday or Sunday. More likely Thursday to Friday. I usually do this investigation whenever my kids fall sick, so that they are aware of how they caught the sickness and try to avoid such situations in future.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15692
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 329


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:51 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:More likely Thursday to Friday..


Then would be only school and the boarding school.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25998
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:56 pm

Jennifer wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:More likely Thursday to Friday..


Then would be only school and the boarding school.


Probably should check with the boarding school if there could be more sick students there. That's where he would have closer contacts with other kids.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15692
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 329


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:01 pm

:rotflmao: sorry chief, but it's funny! Can la, adults also can get.

When tofu boy was down with hfmd, he only had three ulcers. I got the virus from him and guess what? I must have thousands on my feet, hands and inside my mouth. Those on feet were nothing much. Felt like walking on pins.

Those on hands were fascinating. Clusters of tiny bubbles! Those in my mouth were the most vicious :cry:

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres