Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby buds » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:14 am

Jennifer wrote:I wont have anyone to take care of me should I be down with it.

I completely understand where you are coming from, because it's the same for me too. Once, when I was down with very high fever and the flu, I heard a remark loud enough for me to hear... "Huh, sick again.." Followed by a sigh. Even then, I still put food on the table with some simple arrangements with DD1 as I was feeling too giddy to stand in the kitchen to cook. On good days, he will personally bring me to the clinic and tell me not to worry about meals, the kids or the house.

Jennifer wrote: Better to stay in the hospital when meals are provided, laundry are washed and I do not have to do household :wink:

If the hospital can't admit you, then what you need is a short stay in a hotel (not a staycation definitely) and a friend... you know where to find me. :hugs:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:30 am

Jennifer wrote:I wont have anyone to take care of me should I be down with it. Better to stay in the hospital when meals are provided, laundry are washed and I do not have to do household :wink:

This is where friends, neighbours and extended family will have to come in. We tend to be very busy and self-sufficient these days, but we should not feel shy to ask when we need help, and offer to help others when they need it. When we were overseas, none of the expat families had relatives to call on, so we always helped each other out, especially when the mum was sick - sending/picking up kids, bringing meals, running errands etc. Of course, we can't expect everything to be as if we were operating normally. Luckily in Singapore, cooked food is easy to buy, we have washing machines, and most other housework can wait a few days. And if husband is around and kids are a bit older, they can handle the urgent stuff.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:Not so obvious when younger but can really feel it now, for me at least.

Definitely feel it. Cant sleep later than 10.30pm these days. Gone are the days of late night movies and TV drama.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:35 am

buds wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I wont have anyone to take care of me should I be down with it.

....If the hospital can't admit you, then what you need is a short stay in a
hotel (not a staycation definitely) and a friend... you know where to find me. :hugs:

Cannot lah, HFMD is highly contagious.

I cant possibly ask MIL to help out, considering her age though she still thinks she is a superwoman.

Best is to pack myself away.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:44 am

Jennifer wrote:Cannot lah, HFMD is highly contagious.

Well yes, indeed it is. But with the right amount of diligence put into the necessary disinfection and hygiene, it is fine. I've dealt with it three times for three of my children and managed not to get hubs, DD2 or myself infected.

Jennifer wrote:Best is to pack myself away.

Not alone definitely, because some form of care is still required for recovery. With high fever attached to HFMD, proper care will avoid worsening the condition and avoiding complications on the road to healing.

We are no superhuman too, babe. In times like this, it helps to get some TLC (tender loving care)... which sometimes is just the cure we need.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:51 am

buds wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Cannot lah, HFMD is highly contagious.

Well yes, indeed it is. But with the right amount of diligence put into the necessary disinfection and hygiene, it is fine. I've dealt with it three times for three of my children and managed not to get hubs, DD2 or myself infected.

Jennifer wrote:Best is to pack myself away.

Not alone definitely, because some form of care is still required for recovery. With high fever attached to HFMD, proper care will avoid worsening the condition and avoiding complications on the road to healing.

We are no superhuman too, babe. In times like this, it helps to get some TLC (tender loving care)... which sometimes is just the cure we need.

:love:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:58 pm

http://danielfooddiary.com/2015/07/23/lateliertiramisu/

going to give myself a break with this tiramisu when elder boy gets well.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:05 pm

Jennifer wrote:http://danielfooddiary.com/2015/07/23/lateliertiramisu/

If you can think about food at this point, it means your elder boy is getting better! :rahrah:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:07 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:http://danielfooddiary.com/2015/07/23/lateliertiramisu/

If you can think about food at this point, it means your elder boy is getting better! :rahrah:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I always think about food :wink:

He thinks he is not getting worse nor better :xedfingers:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:12 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Imami wrote:... Tiny but power :sweat:

Jennifer, the folks have given you some suggestions. During my time, I didn't do anything special, just serving my time.

:rotflmao: sorry, find the highlighted phrase very funny.

Like elder boy now, grounded at home, nothing much he can do

Not to worry. Glad to bring you some humor. Really, I felt that I was just serving my time with the "bubbles". During that time, I was amazed how those tiny blisters could bring me so much pain :sweat:

After elder boy has recovered, do remind him to take extra care of himself. Up the hygiene practise, watch the diet, avoid crowded places, keep the body well hydrated etc. Maybe it's just me and tofu boy la, but I find that after a 大病,it takes quite a while for th body to be back to what it used to be and the immunity seems to have weakened too.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres