Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:13 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I learnt from a colleague that SIM card can be cut to nano size to fit into iPhone so that there is no need to exchange for a new SIM card.

True?


Yes, can cut. But need to find the right template and cut carefully. The best is to use a tool to cut, but that costs like $20. Or you can go to a phone shop and they can cut for you for like $2. Or, print out this guide and cut it yourself.

I have done it before. Nerve-wracking as it was the first time, but I also looked at a guide online and followed the instructions. I used a nano card to trace out the shape and size on the bigger card. Make sure the metallic bit is in the right place. And you need a sharp pair of scissors and some guts!

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10701
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:17 am

slmkhoo wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:I learnt from a colleague that SIM card can be cut to nano size to fit into iPhone so that there is no need to exchange for a new SIM card.

True?


Yes, can cut. But need to find the right template and cut carefully. The best is to use a tool to cut, but that costs like $20. Or you can go to a phone shop and they can cut for you for like $2. Or, print out this guide and cut it yourself.

I have done it before. Nerve-wracking as it was the first time, but I also looked at a guide online and followed the instructions. I used a nano card to trace out the shape and size on the bigger card. Make sure the metallic bit is in the right place. And you need a sharp pair of scissors and some guts!


the cut SIM card working alright till today?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:34 am

Jennifer wrote:the cut SIM card working alright till today?

Yes, I had to adjust a little to get the metallic part in the right place (cut just a little bigger to start with if you are nervous!), and it's worked fine since. Nearly a year, I think.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10701
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 195


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Porky Pig » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:27 am

Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:U still boil chrysanthemum for him, right ?
U can add in some 金银花...清热解毒...
Can Google for its benefits...



I did not brew any herbal drink yesterday, gave him diluted honey and coconut water.

Was afraid too many days of herbal tea might be too cooling.


U managed to hack open the top of the coconut?

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4882
Joined: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:53 pm
Total Likes: 10


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:51 am

slmkhoo wrote:
Jennifer wrote:the cut SIM card working alright till today?

Yes, I had to adjust a little to get the metallic part in the right place (cut just a little bigger to start with if you are nervous!), and it's worked fine since. Nearly a year, I think.


:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121



Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:52 am

Porky Pig wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:U still boil chrysanthemum for him, right ?
U can add in some 金银花...清热解毒...
Can Google for its benefits...



I did not brew any herbal drink yesterday, gave him diluted honey and coconut water.

Was afraid too many days of herbal tea might be too cooling.


U managed to hack open the top of the coconut?


:wink: still in the fridge.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Funz » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:18 am

Elder boy getting better?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 12167
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 12:48 pm
Total Likes: 334


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Imami » Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:21 am

Jennifer wrote:
the cut SIM card working alright till today?

Yes, Jennifer. I cut mine too. Still working after two years.

Best if you have a real sample (which can fit iphone 5c) on hand to cut.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11018
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 37


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:35 pm

The throat was more sore before last night's dinner. As a result, so much leftover food portion is larger than usual days. I quite upset and told elder boy off to do the mouth gargling more often in order to ease my cooking job.

This morning wasted almost 2 hours going to Ulu Pandan CC to get the SG50 funpack cos we totally overlooked the collection at our estate on 18th July.

We stay so near to Bt Timah CC, yet belong to Ulu Pandan CC :gloomy:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 25960
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 121


Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:19 pm

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
the cut SIM card working alright till today?

Yes, Jennifer. I cut mine too. Still working after two years.

Best if you have a real sample (which can fit iphone 5c) on hand to cut.


Yes. Also, you might want to buy a set of adapters (don't pay more than $3 for the set), and then use the nano-adapter to trace out and cut the SIM. That way you can be sure you can re-use the SIM in another phone which requires either a micro or normal SIM.

Glad to know elder boy is getting better, Jen.

And hope that your SG50 funpack was worth the trip... :pray:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15627
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 329


PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres