Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Augmum » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:05 am

Jennifer wrote:I think the first paper is GP, likely bcos need more time to mark :wink:

Was surprised to see both Physics and Chemistry has 3 papers each..

Yes, GP is alwys the 1 st paper, they need more time to mark...

As for July CT, it was 1 month ahead of the other subjs...The pupils were complaining as they said that they also need more time to prepare wat... :lol:

All 3 Sciences hv 3 papers each...so draggy...

Jennifer wrote:The spots started out as light dull red, then becomes darker dull red. Was telling him to consider laser treatment if there are scarring :laugh:

Fortunately, those that dried up and dropped off left no mark. Hopefully the other spots behave in the same manner :xedfingers:

The calamine lotion helped to reduce the itch. We only used the lotion once, think on the 3rd day? The next day, he commented the itch is lesser and some spots seem to be drier. We did not apply the lotion on the face as it leaves a dry sandy whitish layer on the skin. After two days' of shower, all the calamine lotion are washed off on its own.

Ah i c... at least they hv healed nicely ...so no worry of any unsightly spots...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:14 am

Imami wrote:
Augmum wrote:As for my gal's Prelim, it commences end of Aug for GP...then continue after Sept holidays for the rest of the subjs...

Do those spots itch when healing...like chicken pox ? Any reddness after skin peels off ?

Not for me. Not itchiness until scratched. No reddness as the skin peeled off. The new skin was already well formed when the old skin began peeling. It can get quite unsightly though, cos the blisters can be really tiny.

That was great...yr skin healed nicely...

Whenever i hear of blisters, i would recall the chicken pox i had before...at that time was damned worried of any marks or scarring left behind...
The antiviral medication was really my 救星... Had rather few blisters after taken them...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:36 am

Augmum wrote:
Imami wrote:
Augmum wrote:As for my gal's Prelim, it commences end of Aug for GP...then continue after Sept holidays for the rest of the subjs...

Do those spots itch when healing...like chicken pox ? Any reddness after skin peels off ?

Not for me. Not itchiness until scratched. No reddness as the skin peeled off. The new skin was already well formed when the old skin began peeling. It can get quite unsightly though, cos the blisters can be really tiny.

That was great...yr skin healed nicely...

Whenever i hear of blisters, i would recall the chicken pox i had before...at that time was damned worried of any marks or scarring left behind...
The antiviral medication was really my 救星... Had rather few blisters after taken them...

Can we have the chicken pox vaccination as an adult?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:48 am

Yes. But the vaccine does not give 100% immunity. DD had the jab when she was in preschool but still got it when she was in P4. DS got the jab at 1 yr old but also got it when he was, I think about 3 or 4yrs old. But their outbreaks were pretty mild.

Even if contract chicken pox, not big worries these days, go to the doc quickly and get the antivirus. It is rather effective. I contracted chicken pox when I was in my 20s. The moment I saw 1 or 2 blisters, I went to the doc and got the antivirus. The 1st couple of days was like a bad bad flu, fever, body aches, etc. But by the 3rd day, I was ok, not many pox, I think less than 10 all over the body. Within a week I was well but the MC was still for 2 weeks. No scarring, no major discomfort. DD also got the antivirus when we realise she contracted chicken pox. Before she took the meds, the pox were surfacing pretty fast on her torso but once she took the meds, they stopped and her face was spared.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:49 am

Funz wrote:Yes. But the vaccine does not give 100% immunity. DD had the jab when she was in preschool but still got it when she was in P4. DS got the jab at 1 yr old but also got it when he was, I think about 3 or 4yrs old. But their outbreaks were pretty mild.

Even if contract chicken pox, not big worries these days, go to the doc quickly and get the antivirus. It is rather effective. I contracted chicken pox when I was in my 20s. The moment I saw 1 or 2 blisters, I went to the doc and got the antivirus. The 1st couple of days was like a bad bad flu, fever, body aches, etc. But by the 3rd day, I was ok, not many pox, I think less than 10 all over the body. Within a week I was well but the MC was still for 2 weeks. No scarring, no major discomfort. DD also got the antivirus when we realise she contracted chicken pox. Before she took the meds, the pox were surfacing pretty fast on her torso but once she took the meds, they stopped and her face was spared.

The present antivirus medication is taken orally?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:01 am

Yup. But effective only if taken on the 1st 1 or 2 days of outbreak.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Imami » Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:46 am

Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:That was great...yr skin healed nicely...

Augmum,

Yeah heng lor. It (hfmd) wasn't as horrible as chk pox in terms of the size (including depth) and the recovery. I personally never had chicken pox before but saw a couple of friends who healed. Wow, it was bad. One of them was a guy who kept complaining not handsome already (which was true cos his pox was mainly on the face and arms). 真受不了.

Jennifer,

Hubby and I had vaccination as adults. So far we are clear. Tofu boy had his vaccine as a baby. So far he was clear too. However, as with hfmd, I believe the hygiene and the lack of contact are equally impt to keep a person clear.

Best not to have chk pox at all (废话I know) but it's 废话worth saying again. If one has chk pox and for whatever reason got them suppressed/in small qty, if one day this person has shingles, it's going to be living hell. My father had chk pox when he was a child. Last august, he was down with shingles. Omg, it was really bad. He was literraally getting cold sweat from the pain. Vicious blisters. And they left horrible marks.

Best to get vaccinated in good days. If there is someone who get it in the household/office/school, best to keep the distance and up the hygiene. Then again, mothers are vulnerable victims. If we don't take care of our children, who will?

I think shingles can get vaccine too.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Porky Pig » Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:38 am

Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
Augmum wrote:That was great...yr skin healed nicely...

Augmum,

Yeah heng lor. It (hfmd) wasn't as horrible as chk pox in terms of the size (including depth) and the recovery. I personally never had chicken pox before but saw a couple of friends who healed. Wow, it was bad. One of them was a guy who kept complaining not handsome already (which was true cos his pox was mainly on the face and arms). 真受不了.

Jennifer,

Hubby and I had vaccination as adults. So far we are clear. Tofu boy had his vaccine as a baby. So far he was clear too. However, as with hfmd, I believe the hygiene and the lack of contact are equally impt to keep a person clear.

Best not to have chk pox at all (废话I know) but it's 废话worth saying again. If one has chk pox and for whatever reason got them suppressed/in small qty, if one day this person has shingles, it's going to be living hell. My father had chk pox when he was a child. Last august, he was down with shingles. Omg, it was really bad. He was literraally getting cold sweat from the pain. Vicious blisters. And they left horrible marks.

Best to get vaccinated in good days. If there is someone who get it in the household/office/school, best to keep the distance and up the hygiene. Then again, mothers are vulnerable victims. If we don't take care of our children, who will?

I think shingles can get vaccine too.

Same thing for shingles. You can get the antivirus medication if you have shingles during the few 2 days. After that it is no longer effective. I had shingles a couple of years back. Pretty serious and my beloved MIL suggested that I consult a Chinese sinseh to poke the "eyes of the snakes". Nearly faint after hearing that.

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:09 am

Funz wrote:Yup. But effective only if taken on the 1st 1 or 2 days of outbreak.

:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 am

Porky Pig wrote:..consult a Chinese sinseh to poke the "eyes of the snakes".

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres