Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby bb_ mom » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:08 am

Shingles vaccination available at pharmacies and recommended for the elderly. Dad also Kenna in 2010 but by the time he realised it was shingles, it was too late to do anything liao. Until today, he still gets nerve pain, a consequence of the shingles. During the 1st year after the shingles attack, he was taking morphine becos if the pain. Cannot sleep and got depressed even.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:03 am

bb_ mom wrote:Shingles vaccination available at pharmacies and recommended for the elderly. Dad also Kenna in 2010 but by the time he realised it was shingles, it was too late to do anything liao. Until today, he still gets nerve pain, a consequence of the shingles. During the 1st year after the shingles attack, he was taking morphine becos if the pain. Cannot sleep and got depressed even.

:yikes:

does he still get pain?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:28 am

Jennifer wrote:
bb_ mom wrote:Shingles vaccination available at pharmacies and recommended for the elderly. Dad also Kenna in 2010 but by the time he realised it was shingles, it was too late to do anything liao. Until today, he still gets nerve pain, a consequence of the shingles. During the 1st year after the shingles attack, he was taking morphine becos if the pain. Cannot sleep and got depressed even.

:yikes:

does he still get pain?

Still gets it now but more bearable. So dosage of painkiller has dropped drastically. Thankfully didn't get addicted. I think his fear of getting addicted kept him from taking it too often. At one point, we had to nag at him to take the morohine otherwise cannot sleep at all! Worse still!

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:37 pm

I had shingles a month before my A-levels... and still bear the scars of it on my right hand. I got shingles again 2 months ago, but a much milder attack this time. Both times, the pain is manageable. Just the itch... is unbearable. The last one I got, I had just one blister right at the tip of my middle finger, that's right, right at the tip of the pad. That wasn't fun at all, especially when I have to type.

Come to think of it... I better go for that shingles vaccination too.

How's your sonny doing, Jennifer?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:54 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:I had shingles a month before my A-levels... and still bear the scars of it on my right hand. I got shingles again 2 months ago, but a much milder attack this time. Both times, the pain is manageable. Just the itch... is unbearable. The last one I got, I had just one blister right at the tip of my middle finger, that's right, right at the tip of the pad. That wasn't fun at all, especially when I have to type.

Come to think of it... I better go for that shingles vaccination too.

How's your sonny doing, Jennifer?

For people who yet to contract chicken pox, no need to get the shingles vaccination, right?

The face is more or less cleared up, just some peeling now. Hands and legs not totally clear yet. We got another 4 days of MC.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:53 pm

I made bookings via LMS to see ah boy's teachers this afternoon and tomorrow afternoon.

Now system shows only one teacher booking.

The other 3 bookings disappeared, including the one to see the Maths teacher this afternoon.

Imagine she looked at me and said: you did not make booking.

I told her in a stern manner: I did, the system did not capture.

Anyway, I left and came home to check and saw my bookings with 2 other teachers for afternoon had disappeared.

Stupid LMS.

Last week, it showed the wrong teacher for the subject Physics when I arranged for elder boy's. Now this had to happen for ah boy.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:16 pm

I almost vomited blood while talking to the auditor this afternoon.

Called the finance manager to complain. I know nothing can be done, just wanna get it off my chest, else kena 内伤

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:20 pm

Jennifer
I tried LMS too but found it user very unfriendly and wonder what is the pt/purpose.
You hang on and look forward to the super long wkend!

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:55 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
I tried LMS too but found it user very unfriendly and wonder what is the pt/purpose.
You hang on and look forward to the super long wkend!

Public holidays hold no meaning for me, sad right?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:02 pm

Tonight need to burn the midnight oil to come up with some last min requests from the auditor.

I have very bad impression of people who make last min requests. Told my boys if ever their girl friend to be is of such character, please call the relationship off immediately. As a boyfriend, one might have the patience to cater to the girl friend's fancy whims, but as a husband, I am sure they would be fed up too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres