Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Porky Pig » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:10 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Porky Pig wrote:Who's in for the funpack? Am I in or out?

I have no idea... still waiting for qms to update the list. I suspect many will drop out, so you should be safe if you have reserved one. Blanjah me lunch to celebrate Ms Porky's new status as St. Hilda's Girl and I'll gift you one Funpack at no charge! :lol:

Onz chief!

Porky Pig
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:46 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Imami wrote:Oh no, I must have aged! :rotflmao: and I was just telling somebody I still looked the same after 18 years! :laugh:

Sorry chief, how's the collection of fun pack going? Or have I missed it?

Then you must have someone to look at you with fresh eyes :) You still looked very young lah. No worries. It is just because you looked like my next door neighbour who is an accountant herself :)

It's on already! Go down to our office to collect it. I'm not sure if there is much interest, though, since the bag is pretty much the same as the generic one, but the contents are loaded with more foodstuff, a cap, games and other goodies. But if you want a different design for the bag, then it might be worth your while. The ones we have say: Relax Lah!

Just last week a fellow mom jio me to be her business partner. She suggested I take over the marketing role and I was like :whut: I guess meeting a lot of people from all walks of life make us better at "seeing people".

Looking like your next door neighbour?! :roll:

:skeptical: I hoped it was their maid I had seen that day..... :scratchhead: or maybe its another unit's madam I had seen. :wink:

Oh, it's on already. Where's the office?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:25 pm

I did not have a good time in office today.

That *** colleague simply gets onto my nerve.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:29 pm

Jennifer wrote:I did not have a good time in office today.

Calm down!
The super long wkend is approaching.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:44 pm

Jennifer wrote:I did not have a good time in office today.

Remember to hang your work troubles outside of your house.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:02 pm

We were watching Kdrama "Save the Family" and there was this scene the son's girlfriend came over to cook for his mother's birthday. She enlisted the help of a friend who is a good cook, all the dishes won the hearts of the boy friend's mother. Then they all sat down to have fruits.

I was asking my boys if their girlfriend comes over and do all this, how should I respond?

Ah boy said: do like the mother in the drama praised the girl.

Elder boy did not reply.

I asked: Can I say this is a one time show or will have more episodes?

We have a good laugh over it.

Seriously, how will you respond? bearing in mind it will be the first time you meet the girl.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:27 pm

I think such scenario only happens in drama. I know my mil for 20 years (since I first visit my then bf now hubby). Had cleaned her kitchen cabinet, mopped her floor, laundered her children's clothes, ironed her husband's clothes, cleaned her windows and washed the toilets but...... Never cooked in her kitchen before. That's one place I have no wish to meddle in.

As for me as a mil candidate, first time meet and want to use my kitchen?! I hope tofu boy has more sense than to even suggest it. To me, best not to try calling shots in another woman's kitchen. Holy land leh, don't play play.

To answer your question using the scenario: no I won't praise the girl. 不是她煮的嘛 (or I shd not be so critical?)... But most likely I will thank the girl for the meal. If it is to "impress the 婆家",I personally think 这招won't get high marks.

After typing the above para, I painted the above scenario to tofu boy. A little twist - instead of he bringing his gf back, I said he had a elder bro and elder bro brought this girl back. His reply was the same as mine - not praising her because she didn't cook.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:51 pm

My husband and I believe in not starting something you can't continue. So unless this girl intends to continually provide that level of food for the future mil, then I think it's not a sensible thing to do. Set such a high standard, how to keep up?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ammonite » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:01 pm

Wow I am really surprised by the responses! For me I will just enjoy and say thank you to both the girl and the friend. Have a happy day and some happy memories, take photos etc. I won't read too much into it or expect it to be like this in future. I am more than happy to be out of the kitchen, so to me, it will be a really nice gesture. Enjoy while it lasts!

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

3 people like this post

Postby sleepy » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:13 pm

So long my son's gf cleans up after cooking, I'm happy :rahrah:
That is hypothetical scenario. I don't have sons :siam:

Never cook at my MIL house. How can班门弄斧, I got 自知之明 hor. And whenever MIL came over to visit, dh would go 打包 dishes.

Off topic - I missed my MIL's cooking :cry:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres