Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:09 pm

Sorry to hear that. Hope he gets well soon. Do remember to take care of yourself.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:29 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:"Congrats" me.

Ah boy down with HFMD too

:gloomy: :gloomy: :gloomy:

Elder boy cleared to go back to school

:rahrah:

Oh no!!! But look on the bright side. At least now you know how to handle HFMD. But do be careful that yourself and your hubs don't get it too. :pray:

It seems ah boy is not getting the lesions as much as elder boy on the palm, his mostly on the feet. Different type of breakout.

I was hopeful when ah boy reported nothing on the hands and feet for the past two weeks.

Luckily there was the many days of no school days due to ND.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby TheAnswer » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:28 pm

Hope Ah Boy gets well soon. Take care, Jen.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:57 am

Jennifer wrote:It seems ah boy is not getting the lesions as much as elder boy on the palm, his mostly on the feet. Different type of breakout.

I was hopeful when ah boy reported nothing on the hands and feet for the past two weeks.

I think hfmd affects different people in different ways. Could also be that older folks may be more badly affected. When my DD got it, there were hardly any rashes, except for the inside of her throat. But her fever was bad. :sweat:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:53 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote:It seems ah boy is not getting the lesions as much as elder boy on the palm, his mostly on the feet. Different type of breakout.

I think hfmd affects different people in different ways. Could also be that older folks may be more badly affected. When my DD got it, there were hardly any rashes, except for the inside of her throat. But her fever was bad. :sweat:

I think it is the immunity level that impacts the severity of the HFMD attack.

Elder boy was suffering from indigestion prior to the attack whereas ah boy was well.

The GP was surprised that elder boy took so long to fully recover - 8 days MC prior ND and 2 more days this week.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:23 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Yes... Remember my case? Tofu boy only had three and I had hundreds/thousands? :stupid: but better this way, I think I will cry if he has thousands and I have three.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:28 am

There are different strains of HFMD that affects each person differently. Hence, some milder than most. While some others could suffer to the point of a life-threatening level.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:04 am

buds wrote:

There are different strains of HFMD that affects each person differently. Hence, some milder than most. While some others could suffer to the point of a life-threatening level.

I think ah boy should have got the same strain as elder boy unless he was infected by someone else whom we do not know.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:14 am

Should be the same strain. But different people will have different reaction.

Hope Ah boy's will be mild and he recovers soon

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby buds » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:16 am

Jennifer wrote:I think ah boy should have got the same strain as elder boy unless he was infected by someone else whom we do not know.

Not necessary to get the same strain and effects even if infected by a close family member or friend.

I had chicken pox from my bestie in P6. Hers was much milder. I suffere a full week and a half of very high fever & my scalp, inside my nails, literally everywhere was with creepy bubbles that popped so easily and the liquid from those pops, increased what I already had. Imagine bubble-wrap, but worse. :scared: The itch was....... :frustrated:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres