Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:51 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:Ok, now I am giving excuses :oops: . Let me get a bit more serious, and find a workable punishment

I would install sensor lightings in the next house - save me from nagging.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby qms » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:59 pm

Jennifer wrote:dunno if sung by real person, or digitally altered :rotflmao:

anyway, sounds good too, right?

Yes, the pitch was changed. It is by the same lady, Dear Cloud. Similar to the other song with two versions that I posted (which you don't like).

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby qms » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:18 pm

Here's the instrumental version.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby Imami » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:26 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Imami wrote:
Jennifer wrote:There was a thread in which someone posted we should close an eye to the shortcomings of a person and focus on the good traits.

Leaving the lights on repeatedly - I should just off it and not tell the absentminded person?

Am I encouraging bad habits?

Is that me? :scratchhead: no la hor? 我没有那么好脾气lor...

I recently have similar issue with tofu boy too. Like forgetting the water heater (to switch off), toilet light (to off), leaving his hanky in the school uniform (shd take out so that it will be laundered like another piece of garment). ... So, what is evil mummy doing leh? :evil: :evil:

I fine him! Every time he forgets, I get $0.50 out of his piggy bank.

I have different standards for husband vs kids. For husband, he is a grown man, and unless it's something that inconveniences me directly, I will let it go. If he runs out of something or has to pay a higher bill, that's for him to decide how to handle it. But for kids, I feel I have a responsibility to teach, so I will be like imami - if reminders don't work, then I will punish/fine. So far, I have threatened but haven't actually had to as they will correct themselves. But I also try to decide what things are less important and to let go - if it's something wasteful like not turning off lights, I will take action, but if it's a messy desk, I will let go.

I can't help but feel that Jennifer may be referring to me (the part that says "to focus on the good and close eye on the bad"). I said it a couple of times recently but I couldn't remember I spoke to who?! In any case, I think this shd apply only to our spouse and/or parents.

For young kids, I think we need to draw a clearer line. Especially when they are young. And the method of deterrence shd be 因人而异,or 因材施教。for tofu boy, he's into food. Withdrawing privileges (like treats) will work but as it is now, there isn't much opportunity for the occasional cheese cakes or choc brownie so I drop this punishment.

Tofu boy is very thirfty. Fines are painful for him. Which is why I use this method. Not everyone is suitable for such a method.

For messiness - I am not sure if there are kids like this but I do know of adults who are really messy and yet organized. I used to have this colleague whose desk was like a pile of mess. Papers, food, stationery all over and sometimes a cockroach passing by... :shrug: but he knew exactly where his documents were. For such a guy, I think that's what people say "organized mess"?

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Jennifer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:I have different standards for husband vs kids. For husband, he is a grown man, and unless it's something that inconveniences me directly, I will let it go. If he runs out of something or has to pay a higher bill, that's for him to decide how to handle it.

To me, it is not only paying a higher bill, but I feel a social responsibility towards conserving energy.

I will bundle up newspapers, sort the rubbish into plastic vs paper, bag them separately and bring down to the recycle bins.

He does not think these are worth doing.

I guess as years go by, our differences become more obvious.

Sometimes I feel he sees a problem, walks away from it, since I am around to handle it.

I'm the "environmental officer" at home too! Again, I see it as a personal choice. I choose to do it, and my husband leaves it to me. We are both adults - we both choose to do what is important to us, and there are some things I don't do which he will do for me. I do get my kids to put their recyclables into a common basket where I will sort and bag them, and will nag about water/electricity wastage, but they are generally quite motivated about these things too. I think differences between husband and wife need not be problems; they can make a marriage more varied and interesting as each person has his/her own distinctives.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:19 pm

qms wrote:

Yes, the pitch was changed. It is by the same lady, Dear Cloud. Similar to the other song with two versions that I posted (which you don't like).

wow, so amazing.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Imami wrote:I can't help but feel that Jennifer may be referring to me (the part that says "to focus on the good and close eye on the bad")

:lol:

no lah, not referring to you specifically, I read in one of the thread in Relationships. I think a few ladies here hold the same view: choose our battles.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:29 pm

Imami wrote:but he knew exactly where his documents were. For such a guy, I think that's what people say "organized mess"?

I have no issue with "organised mess".

I just cant stand it when the messy person comes asking me if I had dumped or moved the whatever he cant find- not my doing but perceived to be my fault when the whatever cant be found now which is usually buried under the mess and can be found after the mess is cleared.

Why make a mess, then one has problem finding things?

I do not understand the logic.

Everything in its rightful place makes the world better, not?

It does not take much effort to put things where they should be. It takes more effort to go through the mess to find something.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:34 pm

slmkhoo wrote:I think differences between husband and wife need not be problems[/color]; they can make a marriage more varied and interesting as each person has his/her own distinctives.

I did not think differences would be problems, like the saying opposites attract.

Now I have second thoughts.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:39 pm

qms wrote:

Here's the instrumental version.

nah, do not like the drumming.

Jennifer