Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.
Locked
Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:47 pm

For the past 3 days, I sat in an office from 9.30am to 6pm, including eat buy back lunch. So siong. Morning wake up early to do laundry n ironing, evening folding clothes and some light cleaning. No time to wash toilets, had to delegate the job to elder boy.

Salute the full time working mothers with no helper.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 15614
Joined: Mon Nov 16,
Total Likes:27

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by starlight1968sg » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:50 pm

Jennifer wrote:For the past 3 days, I sat in an office from 9.30am to 6pm, including eat buy back lunch. So siong. Morning wake up early to do laundry n ironing, evening folding clothes and some light cleaning. No time to wash toilets, had to delegate the job to elder boy.

Salute the full time working mothers with no helper.
You can take a rest during the long wkend

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:54 pm

No need to come to office for the next few days, return to the salesperson. But still have work to do. A lot of work actually.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 15614
Joined: Mon Nov 16,
Total Likes:27

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by starlight1968sg » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 pm

Jennifer wrote:No need to come to office for the next few days, return to the salesperson. But still have work to do. A lot of work actually.
It may not be a bad idea to work from home.
At least I can switch on radio, do some work, rest for a while etc.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 10970
Joined: Fri Feb 17,
Total Likes:37

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Imami » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:58 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
Jennifer wrote:No need to come to office for the next few days, return to the salesperson. But still have work to do. A lot of work actually.
It may not be a bad idea to work from home.
At least I can switch on radio, do some work, rest for a while etc.
And scold some :censored: people we have to put up with.

Jennifer, remember to drink more and eat fruits.


janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 40510
Joined: Tue Oct 20,
Total Likes:135

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by janet88 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Jennifer wrote:For the past 3 days, I sat in an office from 9.30am to 6pm, including eat buy back lunch. So siong. Morning wake up early to do laundry n ironing, evening folding clothes and some light cleaning. No time to wash toilets, had to delegate the job to elder boy.

Salute the full time working mothers with no helper.
you were working?
yes, FTWM have my absolute admiration :salute:

Funz
Councillor
Councillor
Posts: 12515
Joined: Wed May 27,
Total Likes:333

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Funz » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:21 pm

When it needs to be done, it needs to be done.

Before I had maids and after DD came along, my days start with me leaving for work at 7am and leaving office at 7pm, reach my parents' place for a quick dinner and some time with DD, put her to bed at 10pm, leave at about 10.30pm, reach home at about 11pm, bring dog for toilet run, shower, start the laundry, catch up with more work, put away the previous batch of laundry, hang up current batch of laundry, by the time I go to bed it is about 2am.

And I had help in the form of part-time cleaners and caregiving from my parents. Because of that, I guess it gives DH the freedom to pursue whatever he wants. If there had not been any help, maybe that will force him to carve out time and pitch in.

I have been very fortunate to have decent and reliable maids and I've been spoilt. Honestly I dread going back to those days however, I know eventually, it will not make sense to have a live in maid.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 11235
Joined: Wed Sep 15,
Total Likes:209

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:52 pm

Funz wrote:I have been very fortunate to have decent and reliable maids and I've been spoilt. Honestly I dread going back to those days however, I know eventually, it will not make sense to have a live in maid.
With older kids, you can get them to help a bit. Every little bit counts! I don't think I could have managed to work full-time without live-in help when the kids were young. Even now, with teenagers, I managed to negotiate a 60% load so I don't have to be in the office for such long hours. Husband and kids do a bit, and it seems to be working out OK. I've nearly reached 1 month now.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:10 pm

I have aged, cannot sleep past 11pm.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Posts: 25871
Joined: Fri Sep 05,
Total Likes:119

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Post by Jennifer » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:10 pm

Has it been more hazy these days?

Locked