Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:30 pm

ngl
I am doing the same for myself too; scatter my ashes in the sea.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:33 pm

We've told our kids not to bother to collect the ashes. Just let the crematorium deal with them.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:33 pm

slmkhoo wrote:We've told our kids not to bother to collect the ashes. Just let the crematorium deal with them.

possible? surely the crematorium would ask what to do with it, right?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:35 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:ngl
I am doing the same for myself too; scatter my ashes in the sea.

DH asked me to keep his ashes at home if he dies first and then scatter together with my ashes. I feel a bit :nailbite: at the thought of having his ashes at home. I am still trying to condition myself to keep his ashes at home. :sweat:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:37 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:We've told our kids not to bother to collect the ashes. Just let the crematorium deal with them.

possible? surely the crematorium would ask what to do with it, right?

I've not arranged such things before, but according to my husband, there is an option not to collect.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 pm

Keeping at home more convenient right? Think I would do that if DH goes first and if DH is ok with the idea if I were to go first. When the other party goes as well, children to scatter both our ashes. Cannot expect kids to place us in their home as their spouses may not accept it. No point putting in columbarium, troublesome for kids to maintain and burden is on them to make time to visit.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby sun sun sun » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:40 pm

My dad's ash is in Bright Hill Temple but his tablet is at a temple in river valley. So we have to go two places during Qing Ming. My mother has reserved a niche beside my father's at bright hill temple so they can be together.

Now I start to think what will happen for myself. My hubby is a catholic and I am not. His will be in a church. But I dunno what will happen to me...

sun sun sun
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:47 pm

Funz wrote:Keeping at home more convenient right? Think I would do that if DH goes first and if DH is ok with the idea if I were to go first. When the other party goes as well, children to scatter both our ashes. Cannot expect kids to place us in their home as their spouses may not accept it. No point putting in columbarium, troublesome for kids to maintain and burden is on them to make time to visit.

I guess I have to get used to the idea of having DH's ashes at home until I die. It doesn't help when he said he'll visit me to tickle me :cry:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:47 pm

sun sun sun wrote:My dad's ash is in Bright Hill Temple but his tablet is at a temple in river valley. So we have to go two places during Qing Ming. My mother has reserved a niche beside my father's at bright hill temple so they can be together.

Now I start to think what will happen for myself. My hubby is a catholic and I am not. His will be in a church. But I dunno what will happen to me...

pardon me for being kapo: why the ashes and tablet not in the same temple?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Sep 25, 2015 2:48 pm

[code][/code]
ngl2010 wrote:
Funz wrote:Keeping at home more convenient right? Think I would do that if DH goes first and if DH is ok with the idea if I were to go first. When the other party goes as well, children to scatter both our ashes. Cannot expect kids to place us in their home as their spouses may not accept it. No point putting in columbarium, troublesome for kids to maintain and burden is on them to make time to visit.

I guess I have to get used to the idea of having DH's ashes at home until I die. It doesn't help when he said he'll visit me to tickle me :cry:

:rotflmao: your hubby very cute leh

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres