Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:30 am

You registered?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:28 pm

hi jennifer, i read in the other thread that yr ds is not a mugger. i believe what u wrote because i think my ds is not too. Are you not worried as A level is a crucial exam that will determine the courses that our kids are eligible in the uni. Dont you nag at him to study harder? or has he been doing very well in school? The reason why i ask is because i am thinking of how should 调整我的心态 or what role should i take on next year.

i am glad that yr ds found the A Level papers easier than the school prelim (based on the time that he took to finish the papers.) i hope that most of the students feel that way too. btw, i need to thank you for yr generous sharing. My ds is one yr younger than yrs. So some of the questions that u asked are also very relevant to me. Thanks for setting up the thread on NS. i am also very worried about NS.

All the best to yr ds A level and his national service.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:00 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:hi jennifer, i read in the other thread that yr ds is not a mugger. i believe what u wrote because i think my ds is not too. Are you not worried as A level is a crucial exam that will determine the courses that our kids are eligible in the uni. Dont you nag at him to study harder? or has he been doing very well in school? The reason why i ask is because i am thinking of how should 调整我的心态 or what role should i take on next year.

i am glad that yr ds found the A Level papers easier than the school prelim (based on the time that he took to finish the papers.) i hope that most of the students feel that way too. btw, i need to thank you for yr generous sharing. My ds is one yr younger than yrs. So some of the questions that u asked are also very relevant to me. Thanks for setting up the thread on NS. i am also very worried about NS.

All the best to yr ds A level and his national service.

:thankyou:

He still has the PH and CH papers to take. So far he thinks the MA papers are easier than sch prelims. Did not ask him about the PH and CH papers. He looks pretty relaxed :xedfingers: and still has time to meddle in his hobby and watch Kdrama with me.

I dun nag at him. He already on the ball going to school everyday to revise with his school mates, come home should relax. No need to study from morning till bedtime.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:28 pm

One of my gf was saying that A level preparation starts fr JC1. Suggested to ds that he should revise a bit this holiday. But looking at his respond, i know he wont. Though he has done well for his promo exam, i am still worried that he may be too complacent.

Thanks jennifer for yr sharing. i think i shld learn to be less anxious.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:51 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:One of my gf was saying that A level preparation starts fr JC1. Suggested to ds that he should revise a bit this holiday. But looking at his respond, i know he wont. Though he has done well for his promo exam, i am still worried that he may be too complacent.

Thanks jennifer for yr sharing. i think i shld learn to be less anxious.

When I looked at elder boy's sch GP or ELL papers reviewed and remarked by the teachers, I also developed anxiety and had asked him whether he needed to get a tutor. I even called up a GP centre to ask whether they offer crash courses.

But elder boy told me to trust his sch teachers and him.

So I cross my fingers.

Nothing I could do to support him academically.

I could only contain and tone down my worries.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:54 pm

jennifer
yr younger boy takes A level in 2017?

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:57 pm

When elder boy was still a pupil in BPPS, there was a P5 boy from the school who ended his life when it was nearing exam period.

It was a shock to me because then I never knew young children could feel so stressed to resort to such drastic measure.

I shared the news with elder boy and told him failure in the pursuit of academic succes does not warrant ending one's life.

The recent years bad publicity of A*Star scholars overseas also made me worried for elder boy if he would to go for overseas studies.

Again, he told me to trust him.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:58 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:jennifer
yr younger boy takes A level in 2017?

:lol: I dunno leh.

Let me see ah- 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019

Assuming no retention hor :rotflmao:

Jennifer