Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 pm

I was told to add some salt and the normal vinegar into the water and let the colorful clothes soaked for few minutes. Probably do it once in a while as maintenance, suppose to help maintain the colors.

With vinegar, I haven't tried yet. But with salt for the new clothes, yes I tried before and seems to be true . Mom taught me that it supposed to lock the colors so that it won't run.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:06 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:
Jennifer wrote::rotflmao: tie hands for now, soon Post Christmas sale, then pre CNY buying spree :evil:

Not too difficult for me..I can just don't go to shopping centres. I will need to dig my new clothes out only..hehe bought few months ago still haven't start to wear. Just bought 2 tops and 2 skirts too. For myself, considered done. Just need buy new clothes and shoes for the kids.

Now that elder boy does not grow much and ah boy has not started to grow a lot in short period of time, we have few reasons to go shopping too.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:13 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:I was told to add some salt and the normal vinegar into the water and let the colorful clothes soaked for few minutes. Probably do it once in a while as maintenance, suppose to help maintain the colors.

With vinegar, I haven't tried yet. But with salt for the new clothes, yes I tried before and seems to be true . Mom taught me that it supposed to lock the colors so that it won't run.

How much salt to use?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:I was told to add some salt and the normal vinegar into the water and let the colorful clothes soaked for few minutes. Probably do it once in a while as maintenance, suppose to help maintain the colors.

Am keen too. So soak wif salt n then wash as per norm in washing mc?

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:26 pm

Jen, how's ur shopping at Gio Junior? How's their sizes for growing up kids, between upper pri n lower sec?

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 pm

kids_r_innocent wrote:Jen, how's ur shopping at Gio Junior? How's their sizes for growing up kids, between upper pri n lower sec?

We went to VivoCity and there was no junior outlet though the directory listed a junior outlet address. At the regular Giodano outlet, elder boy was able to fit into the smallest men's size 29. So we bought 2 pieces of the pants. He now wears it with a belt.

Subsequently I was at IMM and saw the signs of Giodano outlet at level one when the shuttle bus was driving into IMM. But I have not set foot to find it in IMM as there is no need to look out for elder boy's pants now.

You looking for junior apparel?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kids_r_innocent » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:06 am

Tats gd.. At least ur boy can find decent bottoms to wear liao. Am looking out for bottoms for my girl. Only upper pri and a bottom tats so called fit for 12 yr old seems too short for her, headache! Can't wear adults' smallest size too as its too loose for her. So it's neither here nor there now.

kids_r_innocent
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:11 am

kids_r_innocent wrote:

I put about 1 or 2 teaspoon of salt into the water level just enough to soak. After that squeeze dry and wash as per normal. For the vinegar, from the description by the girl, amount also about the same.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:16 am

kids_r_innocent wrote:Tats gd.. At least ur boy can find decent bottoms to wear liao. Am looking out for bottoms for my girl. Only upper pri and a bottom tats so called fit for 12 yr old seems too short for her, headache! Can't wear adults' smallest size too as its too loose for her. So it's neither here nor there now.

Kri, your girl is tall..uniqlo has the long pants for girls in stretchable material or not? But the last month I went to uniqlo Suntec to look for something, all winter wear now.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:59 am

MrsKiasu wrote:
kids_r_innocent wrote:

I put about 1 or 2 teaspoon of salt into the water level just enough to soak. After that squeeze dry and wash as per normal. For the vinegar, from the description by the girl, amount also about the same.

:thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres