Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:44 pm

Jennifer wrote:Or is it a Man Ego thingy :lol:

Elder boy was telling me that he had attended leadership courses and in those courses, the leaders would set down rules and there would always be people who would push the boundaries of the rules which then caused some inconveniences to the whole group.

To him, he does not like to be one of these push boundaries people.

I guess he is still green.

My concern for this child is he seems like a push over, not aggressive enough.

When he was growing up, I rushed him into growing up to be a sensible person who is considerate for others. Too much I think that I sometimes feel that I robbed him of his childhood.

I should let him find his own pace.

It's a man thing! Seriously, though, I think it's a personality thing. My husband is always more reluctant than me to ask or find alternatives, but it's not lack of confidence. He has a higher tolerance than me for things that are not "ideal" and is OK to be inconvenienced, delayed etc. I've learned to bite my tongue and let him be when it's something that affects mostly him. He can be very assertive when something really gets him annoyed, but he doesn't get annoyed as easily.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:59 pm

I think men prefer not to ask, whereas for me, I just ask even if it looks silly or stupid of me.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:57 pm

I sometimes think that I could be annoying. Asked, got the ideas then I reiterate the whole thing. I think that is just my way to avoid any misunderstanding. I just don't want to feel worked up so often. After my anger passes then I feel guilty toward the other party. Bad for my mental health to keep thinking about it.

My hubby will assume that everyone got it and is thinking along the same line..not much words de..that's one of the reasons I always want to get involved :lol:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sleepy » Fri Dec 11, 2015 6:26 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:I think men prefer not to ask, whereas for me, I just ask even if it looks silly or stupid of me.

:hi5: Me too!
My kids always said I ask too many questions. Don't know of course must ask wah

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:53 pm

slmkhoo wrote:

It's a man thing! Seriously, though, I think it's a personality thing. My husband is always more reluctant than me to ask or find alternatives, but it's not lack of confidence. He has a higher tolerance than me for things that are not "ideal" and is OK to be inconvenienced, delayed etc. I've learned to bite my tongue and let him be when it's something that affects mostly him. He can be very assertive when something really gets him annoyed, but he doesn't get annoyed as easily.

:lol:

I think you just described my boy :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:02 pm

Office dropped a bomb shell on me on 9th Dec.

There is this salesperson who is under our headcount, sent to US since early September till late November. Initial instruction was all his expense claims to be accounted for under HQ.

Then for unknown reasons to me, mgt changed their mind.

I am now stucked with a thick stack of expense claims to check and entry.

:mad:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:05 pm

DD is now my little helper. She will help me take notice of certain stuffs. Will give opinions when sees certain happenings..I find that she is quite heavily influenced by me that sometimes I see a mini me on her. Few times I find that her increased in independence comes just at the right time when I m getting more forgetful.

Been training her for a while to get things and to ask for things from the counter. Maybe she is more mature now, can see her being more confident and independent unlike last time when she was very young, very timid de. First time go childcare, woke up from afternoon nap don't dare to get up or move, just rolling her eyes to check her surroundings. Now I could basically depend on her to take care of Mei Mei while I move to other sections when we are outside.

When I am angry and scold Mei Mei, sometimes, she will put her fingers on her mouth, standing in front of me looking into my eyes signalling me to keep quiet say let her talk to Mei Mei..few times I just couldn't hold my laughter :laugh:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:07 pm

Jennifer wrote:Office dropped a bomb shell on me on 9th Dec.

There is this salesperson who is under our headcount, sent to US since early September till late November. Initial instruction was all his expense claims to be accounted for under HQ.

Now personal expenses or under business unit ?

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Fri Dec 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:

:lol:

I think you just described my boy :wink:

Maybe we ladies more petty and more detail. Men usually look at bigger pictures? Our big issues are not big enough for them :rotflmao:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:11 am

Jennifer wrote:Office dropped a bomb shell on me on 9th Dec.

Argh! Hate checking expense claims! I've been struggling with it for the past few days...

So his claims have not been paid by HQ? Or now HQ is seeking reimbursement from your office?

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres