Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:41 pm

Jennifer wrote:Just received the first call from elder boy at the island, gave me the emergency contact number, his NS ID number, explained the 4 digit ID number denotes Platoon, Section, Bed# and goodbye.

Short and sweet, so typical of him.

very sweet of him to give you a call...at least a peace of mind knowing he has reached his camp.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:54 am

:thankyou: Jennifer for the detailed account on the enlistment day. Now at least I know what to expect next year. Somehow that puts my mind to ease. Dont like the unexpected. Thank you very much. All the best to yr ds in his NS. :)

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:29 am

About the preNS medical checkup done last year (?), there was a computer test component whereby the boys have to answer a series of questions. Exactly what types of questions, I did not ask in detail. Elder boy mentioned "what will you do in what -if situations, some mental calculations maths question.

Yesterday we were told that that was the MAAS, Mental sth sth sth.

I guess the intake is based on the scores of the preNS checkup and the MAAS. Like school class allocation, similar ability children pooled together in one class, easier to manage by the teacher.

There was also sth puzzling. During the auditorium briefing, it was said that there is a IPPT to be carried out in the initial period to assess the physical fitness of each recruit as well as interviews. And that the subsequent training will be customized.

Dunno how true the part on customisation is.

Btw, BMTC has FB which will be uploaded regularly with photos to show the recruits training, etc.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:30 am

janet88 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Just received the first call from elder boy at the island, gave me the emergency contact number, his NS ID number, explained the 4 digit ID number denotes Platoon, Section, Bed# and goodbye.

very sweet of him to give you a call...at least a peace of mind knowing he has reached his camp.

It was a promise to call made between the BMTC and the boys :rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:19 am

PiggyLalala wrote:. Also did yr ds find the solution to his sweaty palm or feet

We did not find a permanent solution.

When we visited the Polyclinic, the doctor prescribed bottles of powder which helps to dry the sweaty palm/feet and so prevent skin infections. Elder boy applies the powder every night before going to bed. So far so good. He brought the powder to BMTC.

The last time I was at KKH pharmacy, I saw the bottled powder sold in the pharmacy. Can't remember price, but not expensive.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:26 am

Image Image

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:27 am

Jennifer wrote:
PiggyLalala wrote:. Also did yr ds find the solution to his sweaty palm or feet

We did not find a permanent solution.

When we visited the Polyclinic, the doctor prescribed bottles of powder which helps to dry the sweaty palm/feet and so prevent skin infections. Elder boy applies the powder every night before going to bed. So far so good. He brought the powder to BMTC.

The last time I was at KKH pharmacy, I saw the bottled powder sold in the pharmacy. Can't remember price, but not expensive.

What's the name of the powder? DD suffers from sweaty palms so I thought of getting for her to try.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:10 am

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby icy_mama » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:29 am

:love:

icy_mama
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Funz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:30 am

Elder boy and your family pics captured in there too?

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres