Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:51 am

starlight1968sg wrote:Jennifer
That photo of black is too chim

:rotflmao:

No meaning to be inferred from, just a rare sight I caught this morning around 5am plus while looking out from the window.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:23 pm

AVIVA is the insurance agent for SAF.

No wonder the new recruits yet to start any intensive training - the insurance policy not effected yet.

Elder boy sms earlier to ask which sum assured policy should he sign up for.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby qms » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Jennifer wrote:Now no kd on weekdays to follow.

You may want to watch Remember- War of the Son.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:03 pm

MrsKiasu wrote:After NS, your boy may look different. No more bamboo stick :lol:

Not true. I went into BMT like a stick insect and I came out looking like the same stick insect. For one, the food sucks, and even if I can eat more, all that running around easily burns off all the fat.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:15 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:After NS, your boy may look different. No more bamboo stick :lol:

Not true. I went into BMT like a stick insect and I came out looking like the same stick insect. For one, the food sucks, and even if I can eat more, all that running around easily burns off all the fat.

The chicken rice set we had was good.

Btw there are a few machines stationed in the canteen, has "Scan ..meals", I guess everyone has to scan their ID before collecting the food tray? Anyone who goes for > 1 serving will be known?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby PiggyLalala » Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:43 pm

Jennifer wrote:
A colleague whose son going to tekong this Fri.

Eldest son of the colleague?

I have a friend, his son was enlisted on the same day as yr son, at the time slot 945am, too. He is not the eldest son. According to my friend, there will be around 5000 recruits enlisting this week. Another friend of mine, her son is going to be enlisted tomorrow, going to the commando unit.

My son was also given some powder to apply for his sweaty palm and feet from the doc recently. But it does not work. Yet to check if it is the same as the one u have posted earlier.

Thank you for yr updates. Following and appreciate them. :smile:

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:17 pm

PiggyLalala wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
A colleague whose son going to tekong this Fri.

Eldest son of the colleague?

I have a friend, his son was enlisted on the same day as yr son, at the time slot 945am, too. He is not the eldest son. According to my friend, there will be around 5000 recruits enlisting this week. Another friend of mine, her son is going to be enlisted tomorrow, going to the commando unit.

My son was also given some powder to apply for his sweaty palm and feet from the doc recently. But it does not work. Yet to check if it is the same as the one u have posted earlier.

Thank you for yr updates. Following and appreciate them. :smile:

Heard from elder boy a few boys from NJC received letter to attend commando interview. Think was before A levels. Mostly tall and not wearing glasses boys.

Your friend's boy excited about going to commando?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:23 pm

Jennifer
I told my colleague that she will see her precious 3wks later. The whole family will be "off" tmr for the big occasion

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:31 pm

Commando training is v tough physically n the worst is mentally according
To my old soldier at home - but I guess it train their characters v well - my hub army frens are mostly doing well one way or another - diamonds forged under pressure ... Hahaha ...The parachuting is no joke n no no fun - hub shared 18 yo young men need to get push down by officer off the the heli for jump
N need to remember to pull the parachute - thus he never like bungee or sky diving - last time they need to jump abt 30 ish times in their 2.5 yr NS life :( not sure abt now - Mayb more :(

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:43 pm

MyPillow wrote:Commando training is v tough physically n the worst is mentally according
To my old soldier at home - but I guess it train their characters v well - my hub army frens are mostly doing well one way or another - diamonds forged under pressure ... Hahaha ...The parachuting is no joke n no no fun - hub shared 18 yo young men need to get push down by officer off the the heli for jump
N need to remember to pull the parachute - thus he never like bungee or sky diving - last time they need to jump abt 30 ish times in their 2.5 yr NS life :( not sure abt now - Mayb more :(

Dun scare Piggylalala's friend :xedfingers:

Elder boy told me those seniors whom he spoke to do not enjoy serving NS, exactly why, elder boy did not ask. He says to not have any expectation, just keep an open mind, be neutral and experience the process.

Just like some of his schoolmates find school boarding food lousy, some teachers too fierce. When he went through the same process, he did not think their complaints were that real. He always says People complain too much.

:rotflmao:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres