Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:11 am

Jennifer wrote: :lol:

Every weekends in the holiday, I would ask: any new ones on LMS, how much you have completed.
Previous weekend: You sure no more homework, all done and in your sch bag, no missing ones ah?

Then yesterday afternoon told me just a bit.

That just a bit lasted from yesterday afternoon to last night 10pm and continued this morning.

That just a bit was not as easy to do as he originally thought would be.

i ask the same questions every year...without fail, he will tell me, 'done. all finished.'

then when i asked if he has prepared for the new school year, he would get panicky and tell me, 'oh no, i haven't finished xx subject! but it's very little. can be done.'
and that 'can be done' can stretch over 2-3 days because it is not simple.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:28 am

janet88 wrote:
Jennifer wrote: :lol:

Every weekends in the holiday, I would ask: any new ones on LMS, how much you have completed.
Previous weekend: You sure no more homework, all done and in your sch bag, no missing ones ah?

Then yesterday afternoon told me just a bit.

That just a bit lasted from yesterday afternoon to last night 10pm and continued this morning.

That just a bit was not as easy to do as he originally thought would be.

i ask the same questions every year...without fail, he will tell me, 'done. all finished.'

then when i asked if he has prepared for the new school year, he would get panicky and tell me, 'oh no, i haven't finished xx subject! but it's very little. can be done.'
and that 'can be done' can stretch over 2-3 days because it is not simple.

sama sama here.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:35 am

Each year when I take down the curtains in the study room, I will place a piece of cardboard on hubby's hifi set to partially block out the sun. This year I did not do so as the cardboard (kept in the utility room) has a line of lizard's poo. So this year no cover.

On Sat night, I left my phone to charge over night, it was left with 8% battery.

I woke up on Sun morning around 6am to surf ksp and realised there was no wifi signal which was very unusual. To my "horror", there was a short circuit. I went to check the DB box, one main switch was down and unable to turn on.

So I went down to the overnight guard house and a lady guard followed me back home to check. She turned off the individual switches, turned on each again one by one with a pause in between. Come to switch 19, the main switch popped off.

So we left switch 19 off and was able to bring back electrical supply to the house.

After she left, I went around to find out which appliances use switch 19.

By now, you should guess that it is the hifi set, right?

Question now: how do I break the news to hubby?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:45 am

there was a short circuit in the whole house caused by the hi-fi set.
fortunately the electrical supply was returned. should we do anything about it? is it still usable?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:53 am

janet88 wrote:there was a short circuit in the whole house caused by the hi-fi set.
fortunately the electrical supply was returned. should we do anything about it? is it still usable?

:lol:

later I go take a pic of his hifi set to show here.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:25 am

janet88 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Just like every last day of the school holiday in the past years, some school holiday work pops up "unexpectedly" on ah boy again.

nothing unusual, happens on my side too, few days before school reopens.

Happened last night! Got back from MIL place & DS comes out from his room saying got EL homework. I asked him on Friday if there was any homework and he said no. Now suddenly, he says got. But luckily done most of it. Thankfully, he only had a page left to go.

:frustrated:

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:45 am

Jennifer wrote:
janet88 wrote:there was a short circuit in the whole house caused by the hi-fi set.

push the blame to the hi fi set.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:52 am

janet88 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:

push the blame to the hi fi set.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:55 am

janet88 wrote:push the blame to the hi fi set.

:rotflmao:

what caused the hifi set to short circuit :evil:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:57 am

bb_ mom wrote:
janet88 wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Just like every last day of the school holiday in the past years, some school holiday work pops up "unexpectedly" on ah boy again.

nothing unusual, happens on my side too, few days before school reopens.

Happened last night! Got back from MIL place & DS comes out from his room saying got EL homework. I asked him on Friday if there was any homework and he said no. Now suddenly, he says got. But luckily done most of it. Thankfully, he only had a page left to go.

:frustrated:

dd1 told me on fri that she left her unfinished Math hw in school. Then told me, never mind, she could do it on Mon, said very fast one. This morning I was the one helped her put her English hw folder back into her bag. I dunno if she will remember her unfinished hw in school :sweat:

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres