Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:20 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:dd1 told me on fri that she left her unfinished Math hw in school. Then told me, never mind, she could do it on Mon, said very fast one. This morning I was the one helped her put her English hw folder back into her bag. I dunno if she will remember her unfinished hw in school :sweat:

Let her get into trouble! That's if the teacher is the type to scold. Some of my friends tell me that their kids' teachers don't scold, so if the parents don't, the kids never learn to do hw on time.

Asked dd just now if she completed the unfinished hw left in school. She told me yes, she got it done in the morning when she has some time. Should get her be more independent in preparing for her own stuffs to school.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:46 pm

Jennifer wrote:
janet88 wrote:They don't send memos...there is detention class :evil: 3x homework not done, textbooks don't bring to school, or forget to bring...straight to detention.
Daughter's teacher send me memos to inform me.

Wow, the school is very strict, good to instil discipline. If only PeiHwa has this, then very possible this bad habit would have been nipped in the bud and I do not need to go through it again and again at the end of school holidays.

pei hwa teachers don't really bother. every term without fail, especially long weekends (even now at sec 4 :stompfeet: ), my son will tell me, 'oops, i haven't completed the worksheet.' the night before.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Elder boy SMS me earlier: need to buy a few items from the SAF emart, can arrange to deliver to home.

Btw, we were told each recruit is given 120 emart points which is equivalent to $120 each year.

Today they did their first physical training (PT). Manageable, he said.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:58 pm

jennifer,
did you tell your hubby about his hi-fi set and the short circuit it caused?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:09 pm

janet88 wrote:jennifer,

Yes.

I narrated the short circuit that occurred, how the lady guard came to my help, how I determined the fault lies in the hifi and added a disclaimer : do not know whether the cause is direct morning sun for a few days while the curtains were taken down for wash.

He did not reply though the wa status indicated the msgs reached him.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:18 pm

Jennifer wrote:
janet88 wrote:jennifer,

Yes.

I narrated the short circuit that occurred, how the lady guard came to my help, how I determined the fault lies in the hifi and added a disclaimer : do not know whether the cause is direct morning sun for a few days while the curtains were taken down for wash.

He did not reply though the wa status indicated the msgs reached him.

wonder what he will do after he has read them...hope he decides on something constructive because several important electrical items in the house are severely affected if there is a short circuit.

3 days ago, there was a short circuit at home too. a plug used to charge iphone/ipad was the cause. hubby bought it from challenger. the moment i switched it on, there was a loud spark.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby starlight1968sg » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:25 pm

Plug fr C* also hv issue?
Am looking for a plug that has 2 usb outlets so that i can charge 2 items at the same time. I saw such a plug at pasar malam at <$20 & wonder safe to buy it

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:27 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Plug fr C* also hv issue?
Am looking for a plug that has 2 usb outlets so that i can charge 2 items at the same time. I saw such a plug at pasar malam at <$20 & wonder safe to buy it

that plug was for lightning cable charging. be careful when you buy electrical items and get those which are certified safe.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Tue Jan 12, 2016 8:42 am

janet88 wrote:3 days ago, there was a short circuit at home too. a plug used to charge iphone/ipad was the cause. hubby bought it from challenger. the moment i switched it on, there was a loud spark.

:nailbite:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:44 am

didn't expect plugs to be from challenger to lack QC.
the plug flew a few metres when the short circuit happened...this is so dangerous.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres