Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Re: Mummy Jennifer's Hatch

Postby MrsKiasu » Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:14 pm

Jennifer wrote:
MrsKiasu wrote:For cleaning, I will wipe away the oil at the bottom then pour hot water and dish detergent and soak maybe overnight. The next morning, the stuffs sticked on net will be soften. Now I m lazy, I try to put food on a small plate placed on net.

Air fryer not easy to clean?

The initial few times I find it abit difficult to wash by using our normal washing sponge ..but after I used the wiping plus soaking. Much better and not too much of a problem actually. When I first used the Airfryer, I will usually cook more than a dish using the Airfryer before I wash..maximize mah :lol: but now as I try not to eat too much as kids pattern of sometimes eat and sometimes don't eat, I use Airfryer in lesser frequency.

MrsKiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:04 pm

Jennifer wrote:Image

Wah...年糕 i like... :smile:

Go n coat with some egg n fry it lah... :love:

I used to buy extra 年糕 during CNY to keep in the fridge ...as after CNY, it's hard to find them...
This yr havent buy yet...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby starlight1968sg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:06 pm

Nian gao? Plenty of various sizes in ntuc. Mum used to mix it with egg paste before pan fry but i dont really fancy it. Just asked dd, she is not keen to try eating. No wonder we cant promote!!!

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:13 pm

starlight1968sg wrote:Nian gao? Plenty of various sizes in ntuc. Mum used to mix it with egg paste before pan fry but i dont really fancy it. Just asked dd, she is not keen to try eating. No wonder we cant promote!!!

Ya...one of those childhood food...
Now, my gal loves it..in the past, she dunno what was that...she said it was so sticky... :wink:

But not all 年糕 are nice...esp those avail in supermarts...
Must get the authentic ones...look for the color n smell ...we usually buy them fr JB...

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:22 pm

my shopping for home tees and bottoms completed today, expect these new ones to last me for at least two years.

I am still searching for polo tees. Those from Hush Puppies, Giordano have colors or designs which I do not like. Any recommendations, preferably less than $20 a piece?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:23 pm

Augmum wrote:
starlight1968sg wrote:Nian gao? Plenty of various sizes in ntuc. Mum used to mix it with egg paste before pan fry but i dont really fancy it. Just asked dd, she is not keen to try eating. No wonder we cant promote!!!

Ya...one of those childhood food...
Now, my gal loves it..in the past, she dunno what was that...she said it was so sticky... :wink:

But not all 年糕 are nice...esp those avail in supermarts...
Must get the authentic ones...look for the color n smell ...we usually buy them fr JB...

I bought 刘发记 this year.

Where in JB do you go? That Bukit Indah Shopping Mall have?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Jennifer wrote:Isetan @ Wisma is renovating, only level 1 pop up store sales, limited household items, mainly men's and women's clothing (tees, bottoms, polo tees, undergarments, etc)

Not much of bargain prices.

Still have Isetan at Wisma??? I thought moved out?

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:27 pm

Jennifer wrote:my shopping for home tees and bottoms completed today, expect these new ones to last me for at least two years.

I am still searching for polo tees. Those from Hush Puppies, Giordano have colors or designs which I do not like. Any recommendations, preferably less than $20 a piece?

how about bossini? they do have plain designs.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bb_ mom » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:28 pm

年糕is yummy especially when fried. DH did a steamed version once also. Loved that too. But not sure if my mum will be giving me. If not, then no 年糕this year. :sad: Unless I make a trip to Chinatown again and buy from 大中国. So many sizes there starting from $6.50 for the small ones.

bb_ mom
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:55 pm

bb_ mom wrote:年糕is yummy especially when fried. DH did a steamed version once also. Loved that too. But not sure if my mum will be giving me. If not, then no 年糕this year. :sad: Unless I make a trip to Chinatown again and buy from 大中国. So many sizes there starting from $6.50 for the small ones.

$6.50 is expensive, not?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

PreviousNext

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres