Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Mummy eniale: Reporting - mummy eniale :)

Newbies report here first! And if you feel like you would like your own club, come and create one yourself too.

Postby jedamum » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:56 am

eniale wrote:if intend to send the kids to CC< its always best to send early.. built up the environment for them first is impt.. :):)

but very young kids cannot communicate with the parents well enough about what is happening in school and that their immune system is still immature. haiz..

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby eniale » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:01 am

haiz.. ya all the pros & cons...:(:(

eniale
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintcc » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:05 am

That CC sounds really bad. What happened there? Its good that you have the option to just put her in a playgroup.

jedamum, I had my worries too when I first put DS in infant care and childcare. Lucky thing is both his infant care and childcare turn out quite okay. He does get sick quite often in the first 2 years though.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby eniale » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:23 am

It will be a lng story.... :(

During the period of this 5 days:-
1st issue: One of e day, my gal's towel wasnt damp at all when she brought it back home so I asked the principle & replied was "Everyday the teachers bathe the kids regardless they like it or not or making a fuss or cries.. " Then how why her towel wasnt even a little damp? dont tell me they share towel??....
2nd issue: One of e day when I get back home, my gal come to me wif her toothbrush n cup which I prepared for her to bring to CC (instructed by teacher) and say "Mummy, put back..No ned to bring to school, school no brush teeth" I was like Huh?? was very surprise my gal say such things to me... confront the principle & was told that oh mayb she jus joined so doesnt know the procedure / routine yet so tort no ned to brush teeth.... Ok fine...
3rd issue: On the last day of the week - Fri mrning, my gal temperature after check by teacher was 37.5, and was asked to go home. My mum request to check the other side of e ear.. and was 37.4.. the teacher say better bring home, then say if wan her to stay can.have to monitor for 2 hrs & keps checking e temp. Then she ask my mum if she can stay thr for 2 hrs wif my gal. And saying that 'It will be better cos it be troublesome for me to call u up again & ask u to come dwn to pick her"... troublesome for the teacher to call my mum to come dwn!!! OMG!!!
4th issue: Among all the 7/8 teachers & assistants teacher, there are only 1 teacher - eng teacher - speaks proper eng.!!!! the assistant teacher will be speaking chn as their eng wasnt very gd n the principle dun encourage them to speak too. I was like huh? why oni 1 teacher speak eng??? Principle say she can arrange the teachers to speak eng to her if I dun mind the teachers speaking inproper eng. And also She can arrange on the eng teacher tendin my gal n speak sorely eng to her. How can this be arranged??? how abt other kids which ned eng teacher attention? How abt my gal, if lidat she wun b able to communicate wif other teachers aldy? Also I dun tink the only eng speaking teacher r able to 12 hrs all e way be wif my gal mah...

See... haiz.. shld i or shld i not pull her out?.. so sickening..

eniale
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:44 pm

eniale wrote:...3rd issue: On the last day of the week - Fri mrning, my gal temperature after check by teacher was 37.5, and was asked to go home. My mum request to check the other side of e ear.. and was 37.4.. the teacher say better bring home, then say if wan her to stay can.have to monitor for 2 hrs & keps checking e temp. Then she ask my mum if she can stay thr for 2 hrs wif my gal. And saying that 'It will be better cos it be troublesome for me to call u up again & ask u to come dwn to pick her"... troublesome for the teacher to call my mum to come dwn!!! OMG!!!

Hi eniale, thanks for sharing. On your 3rd issue, I suspect what the teacher meant was that it would be troublesome for your mum to come back again if the temperature remains high. But I guess their bad command of language made it come out all wrong :)

Lessons to be learnt for would-be CC principals:
1. Make sure you bathe your wards everyday and dry them with their own towels
2. Make sure they brush their teeth (children, of course)
3. Make sure all your teachers can speak proper England, with the possible exception of your Chinese teacher who must be able to speak proper China.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby eniale » Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:55 pm

ya this issue the interpertion of the meaning might have 2.. is either way.. so I jus leave it and be it in which meaning.. I aldy have no heart to carry on puttin her thr...

I feel, why draggin myself sending her thr if my heart wasnt happy at all.. and everyday thinkin whats feedback to hear today?... since not comfortable aldy, no pt carryin on right.... haiz....

Making a decision is tough, make a wrg decision is worst!!!..

eniale
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby mintcc » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:57 pm

I do believe that trust and feeling comfortable with the people who care for our children is very important. If there are unpleasant feelings instinctively, then its better not to continue.

But one thing about childcares, in general they don't make very young children brush teeth (under 3 years), and they can be very particular with kids who have temperature and any symptom of HFMD. Once my son hve 2 very tiny spots on his hands and the teacher insist that I bring him to a doctor and will only let him in when we got a doctor to write a letter saying he does not have HFMD.

If we can do it our self or if there is close relative who can help is take care, personal attention is always better for young kid. What is most important is that the child is happy and well taken care of and the mommy is happy and confident the child is well taken care of.

mintcc
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:05 pm

welcome

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Previous

Return to Newbies & Clubs

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres