Secondary School Chinese

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Do you read newspapers & watch news in chinese?

Of course! Must set a good example to the kids.
63%
No way José! They're way too cheem for me.
37%

Total votes: 157

chenlaoshi
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:58

Re: Secondary School Chinese

Post by chenlaoshi » Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:22 am

sunnyjenny wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:19 am
Thank you chenlaoshi, I was not aware of the 3 types of lessons in his chinese textbook. As compared to other subjects, there are no past year papers to practice with. And the number of chinese assessment books at bookstore are limited too. I am currently using 强化练习. Are there more others you can recommend to get?
Don't mention it, sunnyjenny. There's a brief introduction regarding these 3 types of lesson at the front of the textbook (at the preface, before contents page) and at the type of lesson is also listed at bottom left/right hand corner of each page next to the page number. :wink:

You may want to take a look at:

- 每周华文课文复习 Chinese Weekly Revision series (that comes in 1A and 1B books) by EPH for topical revision.
- 中一快捷模拟试卷 Secondary Chinese Mock Test Papers Sec 1 by MC for general practice tailored towards O Level paper 2 format (https://www.goguru.com.sg/secondary-chi ... pers-sec-1) --> do note that some school's lower Sec CL/HCL exam format may differ from O Level's (but there's no harm working on compre skills and expanding range of vocab)

sunnyjenny
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Secondary School Chinese

Post by sunnyjenny » Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:19 pm

chenlaoshi wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:22 am
sunnyjenny wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:19 am
Thank you chenlaoshi, I was not aware of the 3 types of lessons in his chinese textbook. As compared to other subjects, there are no past year papers to practice with. And the number of chinese assessment books at bookstore are limited too. I am currently using 强化练习. Are there more others you can recommend to get?
Don't mention it, sunnyjenny. There's a brief introduction regarding these 3 types of lesson at the front of the textbook (at the preface, before contents page) and at the type of lesson is also listed at bottom left/right hand corner of each page next to the page number. :wink:

You may want to take a look at:

- 每周华文课文复习 Chinese Weekly Revision series (that comes in 1A and 1B books) by EPH for topical revision.
- 中一快捷模拟试卷 Secondary Chinese Mock Test Papers Sec 1 by MC for general practice tailored towards O Level paper 2 format (https://www.goguru.com.sg/secondary-chi ... pers-sec-1) --> do note that some school's lower Sec CL/HCL exam format may differ from O Level's (but there's no harm working on compre skills and expanding range of vocab)
Thank you very much for the info, chenlaoshi.