L1R4 calculated for SA1 Result

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

L1R4 calculated for SA1 Result

Postby DadOfGirl » Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:19 pm

My DD schoold computed L1R4 in addtion to L1R5 for Sec1 Mid year result. What is purpose of computing L1R4?

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby mathsparks » Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:51 pm

L1R4 is for entry to polytechnics, sometimes referred to as L1R2B2. R2- relevant 2 subjects, B2-best 2 subjects.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DadOfGirl » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:20 pm

mathsparks wrote:L1R4 is for entry to polytechnics, sometimes referred to as L1R2B2. R2- relevant 2 subjects, B2-best 2 subjects.

Thank you for insight. Poly is very good option as my DD very clear to take Humanities ( Doesn't like Maths & Science) , so no point going to JC which is mainly for Science students

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby xxjustakidxx » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:34 pm

DadOfGirl wrote:
mathsparks wrote:L1R4 is for entry to polytechnics, sometimes referred to as L1R2B2. R2- relevant 2 subjects, B2-best 2 subjects.

Thank you for insight. Poly is very good option as my DD very clear to take Humanities ( Doesn't like Maths & Science) , so no point going to JC which is mainly for Science students

There's a arts stream, if you have failed to notice.

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mrswongtuition » Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:23 pm

DadOfGirl wrote:

It's good to get her to take a look at the different courses and content of the courses being offered at the moment.

From what I remember, there are not many humanities-related courses at Poly level. It might be better to go to JC (Arts).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DadOfGirl » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:03 am

mrswongtuition wrote:
DadOfGirl wrote:

It's good to get her to take a look at the different courses and content of the courses being offered at the moment.

From what I remember, there are not many humanities-related courses at Poly level. It might be better to go to JC (Arts).

Thank you for info. There is Entry Cut -off for JC in one of the thread... JC arts is lower than JC -science... is it correct understanding?

DadOfGirl
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support