ESIP

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

ESIP

Postby ApronMama » Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:06 pm

ESIP is the EESIS version for Sec 3 students to apply if they are admitted to IP school at sec 3. However, the students need to be qualified through taking a test, IPST. Anyone can share what IPST test format and questions about? IQ, English,...???

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mjl » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Hi ApronMama,

There are 2 components of the IPST - English and Maths. There are IQ types of questions in both English and Maths papers. All are MCQs.

Hope the information helps.

mjl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ApronMama » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:12 am

mjl wrote:Hi ApronMama,

There are 2 components of the IPST - English and Maths. There are IQ types of questions in both English and Maths papers. All are MCQs.

Thanks mji. It sounds like the GEP screening test. :wink: How is that difficulty level like and how many qns and what timing like? Are there many people successful. Any means to get one prepared?

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby hoskins8h » Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:53 pm

mjl wrote:Hi ApronMama,

Thanks mjl. What is the approximate duration of the test?
From your understanding, it's not content based but more aptitude based.
I suppose it would include things like comprehension, verbal reasoning, grammar, logic etc.

Sorry to bother you but dd is going to take it next year but not many seniors in her school have sat for it.

hoskins8h
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby mjl » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:49 pm

hi ApronMama and hoskins8h,

According to my son who took the IPST in end Jan this year, the test is about 2 - 3 hrs and there were several sections (English has a few sections, Maths a few sections) and each section had 20-30 questions. Students took one section at a time i.e. one section finished, then another section started. There was no compre/grammar, I think it is more of logic reasoning. For English, it could be a few vocab words and you got to find the odd one out. Essentially, the test contains a lot of logic/IQ type of questions which cannot be prepared.

I do not know what percentage of the students are successful. My son and his friends got the ESIP, their PSLE scores happen to be quite close to the EESIS COP (which was 264 in their year - 2007).

Before my son took the IPST, I heard that there was only one Maths/IQ component. So I am not sure if the English component is only recently introduced.

mjl
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ApronMama » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 am

Thanks mjl for sharing.

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: ESIP

Postby tsh0202 » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:39 pm

How was the IPST today?
Was it tough?