what is nygh the third language?

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

what is nygh the third language?

Postby fromnuaa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:44 pm

malay only?? how about japanese, french, german...

RGS provides all of above languages learning...

fromnuaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jtoh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:10 pm

All students who qualify for French, Japanese and German can take it at MOELC, regardless of whichever secondary school they are at.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Postby fromnuaa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:19 pm

thanks....

but from the MOE S1 Posting Exercise book, RGS provides french, german and japanese, NYGH provides malay only.

i wish my daughter can learn one of french, german and japanese, not malay.


jtoh wrote:All students who qualify for French, Japanese and German can take it at MOELC, regardless of whichever secondary school they are at.

fromnuaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby jtoh » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:25 pm

fromnuaa wrote:thanks....

but from the MOE S1 Posting Exercise book, RGS provides french, german and japanese, NYGH provides malay only.

i wish my daughter can learn one of french, german and japanese, not malay.


jtoh wrote:All students who qualify for French, Japanese and German can take it at MOELC, regardless of whichever secondary school they are at.


NYGH students will go to MOELC for French, German and Japanese too. All students who qualify will go to MOELC. Individual schools do not conduct French, German and Japanese on school premises. The only exception is possibly NUSH. But their syllabus is different from the MOELC one I believe.

RGS also offers Malay, Arabic and Chinese as third language to its students. Students who qualify for these third languages will either take it in their school if the school has it in-house, if not they will go to MOELC.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Postby fromnuaa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 pm

Only MOELC provide French, German and Japanese learning?

jtoh wrote:
NYGH students will go to MOELC for French, German and Japanese too. All students who qualify will go to MOELC. Individual schools do not conduct French, German and Japanese on school premises. The only exception is possibly NUSH. But their syllabus is different from the MOELC one I believe.

RGS also offers Malay, Arabic and Chinese as third language to its students. Students who qualify for these third languages will either take it in their school if the school has it in-house, if not they will go to MOELC.

fromnuaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby fromnuaa » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:33 pm

how to qualify a student can learn japanese/french/german or not?

fromnuaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:56 am

NYGH's Malay lang class is in campus ? the other 3rd lang at MOELC !
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby verykiasu2010 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:00 am

fromnuaa wrote:how to qualify a student can learn japanese/french/german or not?


top 10% of the PSLE cohort

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/seconda ... rogrammes/
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 11696
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:06 pm
Total Likes: 2


Postby jtoh » Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:32 am

Yes, as vk2010 stated, French, Japanese and German is offered to the top 10 percent of PSLE scorers. If your child qualifies for it, it will be stated in his PSLE results slip.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Postby fromnuaa » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:08 pm

if my daughter is in NYGH and she choose Japanses as third language, can she select Bishan MOELS rather than Ghim Moh MOELS? Bishan is nearer to my home but NYGH is in west zone.

fromnuaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support