Integrated Humanities @ Lower Sec for geog & hist - Impa

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Integrated Humanities @ Lower Sec for geog & hist - Impa

Postby sporemum » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:22 pm

I understand that some schools offer integrated humanities instead of Geog and History as separate subjects in Sec 1 and Sec 2.

Integration means they combine issues/cases and look at both Geog and Hist aspects.

Wd this mean that as compared to having separate subjects, certain topics wd be omitted and less rigour applied?

Anyone know of the impact when the kids subseq go to Sec 3 and Sec 4 when they may do SS/Geog or SS/Hist or indiv Geog/Hist? Wd the kids then suffer cos they do not have enough indepth knowldge of the individual Geog/Hist subjects?

Thanks.

sporemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kaka » Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:02 pm

I am interested to find out more too. My child is going SST next year which has integrated humunities as a subject. :?

kaka
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Integrated Humanities @ Lower Sec for geog & hist -

Postby xxjustakidxx » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:43 pm

sporemum wrote:I understand that some schools offer integrated humanities instead of Geog and History as separate subjects in Sec 1 and Sec 2.

Integration means they combine issues/cases and look at both Geog and Hist aspects.

Wd this mean that as compared to having separate subjects, certain topics wd be omitted and less rigour applied?

Anyone know of the impact when the kids subseq go to Sec 3 and Sec 4 when they may do SS/Geog or SS/Hist or indiv Geog/Hist? Wd the kids then suffer cos they do not have enough indepth knowldge of the individual Geog/Hist subjects?

Thanks.

In HC we still do IH, but in the form of IHC (aka social studies) and IHE, which is chosen

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Integrated Humanities @ Lower Sec for geog & hist - Impa

Postby yxyjtan » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:11 pm

Currently i am study geog and we have history during semester 1&2. So we will have different subjects not all at a same time :)

yxyjtan
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support