Preparation for Sec 1 in 2011

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Preparation for Sec 1 in 2011

Postby Herbie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:28 pm

Hi! Which are the good assessment book/guide book for Sec 1? Appreciate advise.

Tq

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Preparation for Sec 1 in 2011

Postby sporemum » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Herbie wrote:Hi! Which are the good assessment book/guide book for Sec 1? Appreciate advise.

Tq

Actually i think sec students dont really hv a lot of time for doing assessmt bks, also syllabus do differ somewhat schools to schools. For Maths, the CASCO's Mathematics Tutor is useful.

sporemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Ugven_dorji » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:41 pm

Hi anyone know how to put on the metal button on the fuhua Uniform?

Ugven_dorji
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Fun Girl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:59 pm

@Singapore mum: will sec sch pupils be given a lot of homework since they are said to be coming home quite late if they have CCAs, remedials or third lang classes :?

Fun Girl
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ascklee » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:53 pm

For mathematics, I recommend attempting *all* the questions in the textbook first. All the maths textbooks used the in Singapore are not just good, but excellent, and I often wonder why parents rush to buy assessment books, when the textbook questions have not been exhausted yet!

After attempting all the questions, go for the workbook associated with the textbook (all maths textbooks in Singapore actually come with a workbook). This will give the student some practice on the materials already covered in the textbooks.

Third, the pass year questions provided by the teachers should be completed -- this will give an idea of how questions are phrased, etc.

Only then should assessment books come into the picture.

Sincerely,
CKLee

ascklee
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support