Which school allows long nails and nail polish?

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Should schools allow nail polish and long nails?

Yes to nail polish, yes to long nails
No votes
Yes to nail polish, no to long nails
13%
No to nail polish, yes to long nails
23%
No to nail polish, no to long nails
63%

Total votes : 30

Which school allows long nails and nail polish?

Postby gigabyte » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:56 pm

My niece told me a lot of schools do not allow nail polish and do not allow long nails but she said she does not want to cut them too often and wants to have nail polish.
Are there any schools which allow students to have nail polish? Or schools that do not care about long nails?

Thanks.

gigabyte
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:02 pm

If I had daughters, I probably won't be too happy if her school allows long nails and nail polish! :roll:

Postby gigabyte » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:05 pm

But schools now are simply too strict. A little longer nails can cause him or her to be scolded. Pity students.

gigabyte
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:34 pm

gigabyte wrote:But schools now are simply too strict. A little longer nails can cause him or her to be scolded. Pity students.

Rules are in place for a particular reason. Not a matter of a school being too strict. A school that allows long finger nails and nail poilsh speaks volumes about its discipline and I definitely won't put my child in such a school. :roll:

Postby justsay » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:11 pm

25hourmaid wrote:
gigabyte wrote:But schools now are simply too strict. A little longer nails can cause him or her to be scolded. Pity students.

Rules are in place for a particular reason. Not a matter of a school being too strict. A school that allows long finger nails and nail poilsh speaks volumes about its discipline and I definitely won't put my child in such a school. :roll:

Exactly.
If schools allow long polished nails, how about short skirt, dye hair or make up ?

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby justsay » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:13 pm

dd1's school put students to detention class if the skirt is 1 finger length above knee. I agree with the school.

justsay
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:20 pm

justsay wrote:Exactly.
If schools allow long polished nails, how about short skirt, dye hair or make up ?

Yes, once doors are opened for long nails/nail polish, where does the school draw the line? Soon like you said, there will be shorter than short skirt and dyed hair requests etc, just to suit one's personal preference or shall I say, a teenager's vanity! :roll:

In my opinion, if a teenager cannot even follow simple rules like not keeping long nails etc, what would she become when she grows up? I dare not imagine! :roll: There is a time and place for long nails and nail polish! :roll:

I definitely do not think a school is too strict where this is concerned!

Postby Jojothehusky » Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:30 pm

For long nails, my sch ft told me it was bcos ur long nails can hurt ppl if u accidentally scratch them. I cannot stand students who are vry vain and like long nails with nail polish. I will never let myself go to such a school. :nobuaya: :nobuaya:

Jojothehusky
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby doublesmile10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:03 pm

25hourmaid wrote:

exactly i agree with u 25 hour maid :D

doublesmile10
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby autolycus » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:24 pm

I remember having simple rules for nails in class:

1) when you touch the wall with your fingertips at 90 degrees, the nails don't touch the wall too;

2) colourless nail polish is allowed, for nail protection... and if something goes wrong in the chem lab, too bad.

I also remember not allowing contact lenses in the chem lab; if you get something in between the lens and the eye, we won't be able to save the eye in time.

autolycus
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support