Regarding Teenager taking private schools due to failing.

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Regarding Teenager taking private schools due to failing.

Postby retropancakeful » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:02 pm

Okay, I've failed to meet the criteria of going into Secondary 5. I've scored a terrible score of 22 points. It's pathetic and it disgusts me but I have no one to blame but myself because I was overconfident and too god damn lazy to do anything about it (morale issues). So right now I do not want to go to ITE because first of all, the courses there are really the shit and secondly, the people I know there are just slacking around and having fun all the time. It's not that I have something against fun (big fan) It's just that the environment is not suitable for me. The biggest pile of compost bullshit I've heard from someone to me was the maybe I'm more for the "hands-on" type. The only subject I failed was Design And Technology (hands-on mania) and I do not have to explain about how and why i failed. So I want to retake my N's through private school. Think I should go for it?

P.S based on how I just represented my failure to enter Sec5 do you think I should stick with Academic studies or Hands-on?

retropancakeful
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby OngMum » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:11 pm

Hello retropancakeful,

First of all, please chin up and don’t despair. I am sure something good will work out for you.

I may not be an expert to advise you as I have a child in Sec 1 this year (one and only), I will have lots to learn to cope with her on challenges or/and failures at school thru this forum. I can comprehend how you are going thru now. As you shared, you have failed only one subject and with the score of 22 points, it has deferred you from promotion to Sec 5. I wonder if you can appeal to the school in view of your good conduct over the past years and your willingness to work harder. I am sure there are isolated cases like yours happening over the years where the school looks into it in case by case basis. I hope you talk to you parents on your path forward and if possible, hear them out. I am sure they will give you their fullest support for whatever choice you going to make.

To continue your academic studies or venture on hands-on skills, it all depends very much on yourself. You can gather all inputs from different sources but the ultimate decision is still yours. Do you still want to do better in your studies, which I think you are bend to that as you asked about wanting to retake your N’s thru private school.

I just wanna share with you that I chanced upon a book by Teo Aik Cher at the bookstore last week. It is Why Study Smart? Author Teo Aik Cher provides valuable insights into need to study smart as a teenager. I bought a copy for my child. I would recommend you to grab a copy. Alternatively, there are other books written by him too – Why Take Actions?, Why Simplify? if you are interested.

You will surely see the rainbow at the end of the tunnel and please hang in there!

Cheers!

OngMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby retropancakeful » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:13 pm

Hello OngMum,

Thanks for your reply for this post of mine. I'm sure your daughter will have fine guidance in life due to such a nice and understanding parent such as yourself.

Everyone tells me that the choice of what I want is still in my hands.

"It's not too late yet", is what everyone kept telling me. I can't repeat my year as a student in a school because firstly, the retain criteria is 21 points and below. I've got 22
secondly,my conduct was horrible. Let's just leave that as it is.

As I have made up my mind of taking Private N's, I am currently checking out the book that you introduced me to and will study like never before and lastly...
Thank you for your time and support!
Really appreciate it (:

Cheers with rainbows and still hanging on

retropancakeful
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby meinteel » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 pm

retropancakeful wrote:Hello OngMum,

Thanks for your reply for this post of mine. I'm sure your daughter will have fine guidance in life due to such a nice and understanding parent such as yourself.

"It's not too late yet", is what everyone kept telling me. I can't repeat my year as a student in a school because firstly, the retain criteria is 21 points and below. I've got 22

As I have made up my mind of taking Private N's, I am currently checking out the book that you introduced me to and will study like never before and lastly...
Really appreciate it (:

Good luck to you retropancakeful! It is good that you realise the need to get better results. Never give up hope and always remind yourself about why you wish to study hard.

There is no end of the road, only a longer journey.

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby claramolee » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm

I give more importance to the education.Because it is the one time and also the turning point of life.There are some preparations needed in academic year.In educational life students facing the problem is essay writing and dissertation writing.So this situation we can solve this problem with good dissertation writing services because its need some more talent,skill and also a well research.

claramolee
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby OngMum » Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:43 pm

retropancakeful wrote:Hello OngMum,

Really appreciate it (:

Hello retropancakeful,

I am very elated to know you have decided to take Private N and continue your education journey.

All the best to you! Jiayou! I am sure you will do well. :D

Cheers!

OngMum
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support