Hi. I'm 14 years old and from Korea
(Born in 1996. 14 according to the "western" way of counting age)
I really want to attend a Singapore secondary school,
because my goal is to go to the SMU and study business there!
My parents understand me and are willing to send me to Singapore.
I'm thinking about Cedar girl's secondary because that's one of the top ranked school and its located very close to a student hostel(4 mins walk!).
Got a lot of things to prepare and research!
So my questions are:
1. Do you think its possible for a foreign student to be accepted in a school with such high ranking? I have no idea how hard the QT and the entrance test is.
2. How do I prepare for the QT and entrance test?
3. Is CQT the same thing as QT?
4. What is CCA achievement?
5. How can I make online application for the school?
6. How much is the tuition fee per month in Cedar (for foreign students)?
7. Is Cedar going to move its campus from Aljunied road to somewhere else?
8. Are foreign students allowed to apply for more than one school?
9. Are foreign students allowed to study in Singapore more than a year?
10. I heard that foreign students must have a 'guardian' in Singapore.
Is that true? If so, what is that guardian?
11. I can't speak Chinese. I learn Chinese in school but very rudimentary.
Like 'ni jiao shenme mingzi?'.. Is it necessary to speak fluent Chinese to live in Singapore?
I know its a lot of questions but I do need answers for all of them..
and one more thing: would you recommend me other secondary schools?
Please give me some advice!
foreigner who wants to attend cedar sec3. help!
PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.