Adam Khoo Program (I am gifted Senior)

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Adam Khoo Program (I am gifted Senior)

Postby claire » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:34 pm

Hi All
I am considering sending my sec 1 child to Adam Khoo's "I am gifted Senior" program. It seems this is more of an on-going program which places emphasis working on the child's motivation,behaviour, mindset & learning attitudes towards his studies & also practical life-skills in his growing up years.
Has anyone been on this program ? Is this really helpful & beneficial to the child? (my child really has problem with time management & is just not focussed with his tasks... hope to sign him up with a good program ...)
Thanks !

claire
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Adam Khoo Program (I am gifted Senior)

Postby ultimateschooler » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:01 am

Don't waste your time. My friend sent his son there and he was shocked they teach motherhood stuff he would be embarrassed with. Read the book the SECRET and you can start your own Adam apple school he says. He is considering that seriously. Adam KHOO is a scratch student, and if u send your money there you would Aldo feel like a fool.

ultimateschooler
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby twilight » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 pm

My friend went for the program and the motivation lasted for 2 days only.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby the kiasu student » Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:58 pm

nah, not much, I went there and they just made us feel how more important PSLE, life and family is. My rude classmates have not changed yt

the kiasu student
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HAPPIEZ » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:04 pm

my 2 boys attended the program. my elder boy was in junior class and had attended senior class this june holiday. i would say he enjoy it and asked to be enrolled to coaching class.

i think it is good to enroll into this program as it focus on real life matter, family bonds, study method, time management... i find that these skills are really useful. real life experiences are shared among the kids & coach.. these are all very inspiring.. and encouraging.
i rather my elder boy go for the camp on every school holiday then spending his time on computer, TV....

HAPPIEZ
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ultimateschooler » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:19 pm

My friends all swore never to attend these sort of programs after the parents all met up one day and discovered that their anxiety got the better of them. Sending kids to ppl who scored Fs aint the best use of money.

ultimateschooler
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support