Queries from Student about Sec 1

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Queries from Student about Sec 1

Postby icecubism » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:26 pm

I'm not sure if this topic is posted in the right section but i do need to ask as i am not entirely sure of it. Sorry, if i posted this in the wrong section because i'm a newbie.
I am a Primary 6 student this year and has received a Confirmation Offer to a school that i have applied for through DSA.
When can we go down to the school to purchase the uniform?
I read a reply in another topic that you can actually purchase your new uniforms from the school where you were offered a place through DSA after August!
Is that true for all schools?
Even Dunman High School, because that is the school i received the Confirmed Offer from?

Thank you, i appreciate your help!

icecubism
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Queries from Student about Sec 1

Postby Helping--Hand » Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:52 pm

icecubism wrote:I'm not sure if this topic is posted in the right section but i do need to ask as i am not entirely sure of it. Sorry, if i posted this in the wrong section because i'm a newbie.
I am a Primary 6 student this year and has received a Confirmation Offer to a school that i have applied for through DSA.
I read a reply in another topic that you can actually purchase your new uniforms from the school where you were offered a place through DSA after August!
Even Dunman High School, because that is the school i received the Confirmed Offer from?

Hi! Firstly, :congrats: for getting in to DHS!
Of course you can (for every school)! But why did you need to buy that early ? There's time! :snooze:

Helping--Hand
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Snow Crystal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Icecubism- congrats on getting DHS CO! Looks like you will accept the CO cos you are talking about buying the uniform. There's no hurry to buy now cos you may outgrow the uniform if you purchase now. Different schools have different uniform suppliers. You should go to Dunman High thread in this forum and seek advice for uniform supplier details or whether you can buy direct from school. There are some expert parents there eg Augmum who can assist you. She's very helpful.

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:24 pm

icecubism wrote:I'm not sure if this topic is posted in the right section but i do need to ask as i am not entirely sure of it. Sorry, if i posted this in the wrong section because i'm a newbie.

icecubism,
Firstly, my congrats to u for obtaining Co fr DHS....... :smile:
Yes, u can purchase the sch uniforms the moment u received yr CO, unless u wanna to change yr mind.... :wink:
for info on DHS sch uniform, think it would be better if i post it at DHS thread....(for the sake of others too)
pl refer to the link
http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... start=1080

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Augmum » Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:27 pm

Snow Crystal wrote: There are some expert parents there eg Augmum who can assist you. She's very helpful.

thanks snow crystal for yr kind words......but me not expert lah....juz another parent with child in DHS....... :smile:

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby HeSheMe » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:24 am

You can purchase your uniform later in November and December. Anyway, congratulations on your DHS CO!

HeSheMe
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby icecubism » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Thank you to everyone for your replies!
They have been really helpful and i appreciate that! :)
Looks like i'll just buy them earlier November, perhaps, because i don't want to have to be queuing with crowd when it gets later in the year and everyone is rushing to buy their uniforms too.
By the way, does anyone know the booklist for Sec 1 students are DHS?
Thanks once again.

icecubism
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support