Fees at Secondary School

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Fees at Secondary School

Postby MdmKS » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:55 am

Dear parents with sec school children, whether IP, non-IP, independent, govt-aided or govt sch can we have feedback of how much exactly you need to pay to the school including school fee and what-so-ever. Some schools require students to contribute class fund for photocoping,...etc Some needs to pay for locker... etc. Is this common? It seems there are a lot of "hidden cost".

MdmKS
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby daisyt » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi MdmKS, apart from the standard school fees which can be found at the MOE website ($5 + $13 + $13), the others vary from schools to schools. Of course, IP independent school fees is different, range from $200 to $300 per month.

For my case,

- lockers is not compulsory, if needed, is separate charges.

- Chinese readers digest, weekly newspaper, additional chinese materials (eg. compulsory story book and poems). I just paid a $33 for these.

- English readers digest and year 1 orientation tee and house tee - about $50+

- CCA tee, about $20+

- files used for different subjects or other stationery, its from class fund. Each person contribute about a few dollars, and when the class fund is low, they would collect again.

I think that's all I can think of .....

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mathsparks » Sun May 03, 2009 10:07 pm

In Sec 4, there's also subscription for National Geog mag. plus photocopying fees for various school papers.

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby csc » Thu May 07, 2009 8:32 am

Her school is also crazy over personalised T-shirts (with slogans / designs by individual group/class). She has so many for the various activities that were held throughout the years. Per piece is about $15 to $20 depending on the material.

Ya. Similar experience. I've spent lots of money on school t-shirts for my son juz this 6 months alone. Now let me count them - school corporate t-shirt, PE- t shirt, House T-shirt, CCA T-shirt, (2 of them), special program T-shirt, school sweater, lab coat.... and the list goes on... wonder what comes next.

But, I must say the t-shirts are all of very good quality.He feels proud wearing them... :lol:

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby daisyt » Thu May 07, 2009 9:34 am

csc wrote:
He feels proud wearing them... :lol:

Haha, my girl sometimes would even wear at home or wear to sleep. She said she miss school. :|

daisyt
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support