How to get 25 CCA points? HELP.

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

How to get 25 CCA points? HELP.

Postby wat » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:29 pm

My DD is sec 3 next year, but her CCA points is only 13 right now.
I am very worried if she cannot reach to 25 CCA points since 25 points is the min. requirement for 2 bonus points in O levels.

She is in a sports CCA, but she doesn't fair well and hence, unable to go for any competitions. Which means that, she can't earn any points from her CCA.

She is also in library board to get 30 CIP hours each year and maximum of 5 service points at the end of 4 years. But she has told me that she is tired of library and wish to quit it.

So in all, it seems that it is definitely a mission impossible to reach 25 points at the end of sec 4.

What can she do now?

Also, I've heard that a HMT distinction can get her two bonus points in the O levels. Is that true?

Thank you!

wat
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: How to get 25 CCA points? HELP.

Postby twilight » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:29 pm

20 is enough to get 2 bonus points.
HMT pass is enough to get 2 bonus points.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:33 pm

how are the cip hour being clocked? Do students need to show their signed doc for cip yearly to their form teacher so as to clock into the system?

Can someone advise?

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Augmum » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:03 pm

Herbie wrote:how are the cip hour being clocked? Do students need to show their signed doc for cip yearly to their form teacher so as to clock into the system?

Can someone advise?

i can only speak for my gal' s sch.
the teacher in-charge would have a copy of the CIP hours whereby the pupils clocked in.
all emails would serve as a backup copies.
at the end of the yr,
details of CIP hrs will be printed and given out together with the results slips in the dossier.
but we must keep track of all CIP hrs, date, place and time
as the teachers would likely to miss out 1 or 2 here or there,
where we will need to highlight to them the necessary amendments............

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby meinteel » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 am

CCA points & CIP hours have to be logged into MOE's database every year. Once the window period has been missed, it will be void.

As for bonus points, CCA points has a max of 2 points, HMT max of 2 points and school affliction another 2 points.

CCA points are given based on participation, representation and leadership. Participation means to attend and be actively involved in training. Representation will mean competitions, at school and national levels. Competitions that are grander in scale will have more points awarded. Leadership points are awarded to Councilors, Prefects, and CCA Leaders (Chairman/Captain).

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Herbie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:49 pm

hi meinteel and augmum, thanks i have resolved the cip issue with the teacher liao

Herbie
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Gems » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:29 am

meinteel wrote:CCA points & CIP hours have to be logged into MOE's database every year. Once the window period has been missed, it will be void.

Where and how to find out about the window period? Any MOE's website? Checked with my child's form teacher and she is not sure.

Gems
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby meinteel » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:45 pm

CCA teachers would know about it. Students and parents do not have to do about it. It is the internal processing on the school's side. Information logged onto MOE's database are usually not provided to the students.

All you need to do is to make sure that your child has his attendance marked and that the teacher in-charge of the CCA is aware of him representing the school/country in a related CCA.

meinteel
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support