SUBJECT COMBI SEC 3

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

SUBJECT COMBI SEC 3

Postby jz » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:44 am

Hi,my child is interested in getting in the humanities program. He is now deciding his subject combination. He is particularly strong in Eng Lit, quite like Geog, hates history, and likes Chem, doesn't mind bio, physics is least favourite of the sciences. In terms of results, he did better in general science (at sec 2) than geog. He is also taking 3rd lang.
The dilemma now is to take 3 sciences, Lit, or 2 Sciences, lit, geog. We think that taking geog at JC level if interest persists will not be too difficult. Is that true?
What is the "usual" subject combi at Humanities program. Do people take Chem, Math, Lit, Econs - or 2 Math,Lit, econs? Thanks for your help!

jz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: SUBJECT COMBI SEC 3

Postby zeemimi » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:37 pm

Are you talking about the humanities scholarship?
http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/scholar ... umanities/
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby twilight » Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:34 pm

If you are indeed talking about the humanities scholarship program, it doesn't matter if you're a triple science student. Many people from my school who were in triple science went on to be a humanities scholar in JC.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jz » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:31 am

Thanks for your help. My question was is it difficult to do geography as a subject in JC without any background in sec 3 &4. thanks again!

jz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby twilight » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:40 pm

I'm not sure, but geography is one of the humanities subjects in JC that doesn't have any pre-requisite.

twilight
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support