Difference between IP and O level program

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.

Difference between IP and O level program

Postby KuroYuri » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:47 pm

I'm a pri 6 student going on to sec 1 next year. I've applied for Cedar-IP through DSA and have been successful. I'd like to know how is the curriculum for IP different from the O level course and how so? Also if I were to buy notes and assesments, are there any especially suited for the IP curriculum?

KuroYuri
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Difference between IP and O level program

Postby autolycus » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:55 pm

The most obvious difference is that an IP leads to pre-university education without O-levels. That said, many IPs structure themselves around an 'O-level plus' system where they use the extra time afforded by not having prelims/O-levels to add additional material or experiential learning.

There are no notes/assessments especially suited for an IP curriculum (since there are as many IP curricula as there are schools). However, your school will probably recommend some reading material. Relax and enjoy the ride. The best preparation you can have is to read widely, keep your eyes open, and appreciate as many of life's experiences as you can. :)

autolycus
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Difference between IP and O level program

Postby KuroYuri » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 pm

autolycus wrote:The most obvious difference is that an IP leads to pre-university education without O-levels. That said, many IPs structure themselves around an 'O-level plus' system where they use the extra time afforded by not having prelims/O-levels to add additional material or experiential learning.

There are no notes/assessments especially suited for an IP curriculum (since there are as many IP curricula as there are schools). However, your school will probably recommend some reading material. Relax and enjoy the ride. The best preparation you can have is to read widely, keep your eyes open, and appreciate as many of life's experiences as you can. :)

:thankyou:

KuroYuri
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Academic Support