O-Level English

PSLE marks the graduation of Primary school students and their entry into Secondary schools as teenagers. Discuss all issues about Secondary schooling here.
rainmaker74447
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: O-Level English

Post by rainmaker74447 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:37 pm

amizade wrote:
piggydwarfs wrote:Hi Parent who hv kids under Ms Felicia, May I get some feedback? How is her teaching method?
hi there. You mean the Ms Felicia from Toa Payoh?

I have a son in JC1 who's with Ms Felicia for GP and a girl in Sec 1 express with Ms Felicia as well. My son and his friends from the tuition group all did quite well last year.

For her teaching method, she uses her own materials/syllabus which are quite interesting and broad based learning. She will fuse comprehension, editing, compo, etc in like themes for broad based learning so my children both like going to her class.

But actually I think what is really really innovative are two documents called "useful vocab builder" and "useful corrections record". If I'm not mistaken that's what she calls them.

just my 2 cents :smile: Anyway, I think she got a website. Someone posted here before. called Useful Tutor something like that. You can check it out :smile:
harlo, can you PM me Teacher Felicia's contact? Thanks.

PrincessBubblegum
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

O-Level English 2018 Prelim Papers

Post by PrincessBubblegum » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:14 am

Could anyone pls share some of the school papers as my son’s teacher said that she doesn’t have any

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:322

Post by ChiefKiasu » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:06 am

While we understand the need for publicity for commercial purposes, we should also be mindful that publicity on a Forum thread not slated for advertising is rude. Please stick to the MarketPlace for all commercial posts.

2pnts4os
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by 2pnts4os » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:09 pm

does ms felicia have a 1-to-1 bridging tuition before your child joins the group tuition? can anyone share their experiences?

2pnts4os
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by 2pnts4os » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:10 pm

Does anyone go for tuition with Learning Journey? Is it useful?

2pnts4os
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by 2pnts4os » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:30 pm

sky minecrafter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:25

Post by sky minecrafter » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:44 pm

sharing pri EL versus sec EL comparison (taken from enrichment centre handout)

D3@n
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:8

Post by D3@n » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:07 pm

sky minecrafter wrote:sharing pri EL versus sec EL comparison (taken from enrichment centre handout)
Please take note though, that the weighting is different between the two levels.
For Primary, the 4 papers add up to a total of 200 marks.
For Secondary, Paper 1 and Paper 2 are each given a weighting of 35%, Paper 3 10% and Paper 4 20%. Add up the 4 scores to get the final marks for the EL paper.

LanglitEnglish
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by LanglitEnglish » Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:29 am

sky minecrafter wrote:sharing pri EL versus sec EL comparison (taken from enrichment centre handout)
These notes indicate that for the 'O' Level paper, "Essay writing exam questions shift to purely expository & argumentative writing."

I have to point out that this is wrong.

They also have descriptive essays (Qn 3 in the 2018 'O' Level EL Paper 1), personal recount (which is a specific type of narrative writing) - Qn 4 in this year's paper - and reflective essays - Qn 6.

ANWI
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by ANWI » Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:58 am

Hello Everyone I am looking for OLevel situational and creative writing tutution. Can you please share best options and contact.
Thank you very much in advance!